What's for Dinner?

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
demi

What's for Dinner?

#1 Post by demi »

I love cooking (and food!) but I am feeling bored of thinking what to cook.

So I wondered if people would like to post what they are having for their main meal & see if we can get inspiration.

Tonight we will be having spaghetti with spring onions (sautéed), torn smoked ham & peas. Sprinkle of parmesan & it's done.

Anyone else care to say what they are having?

Liz

Re: What's for Dinner?

#2 Post by Liz »

Pork chops done somehow I haven't yet decided how yet.... with potatoes but otherwise who knows?
Tuna stuffed jacket potatoes topped with crispy lardons last night, and enough left over to reheat for a snack lunch today. Comfort food, easy and tummy filling!
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

exile

#3 Post by exile »

Roast Venison - well more exactly Sunday's left over roast venison - with roast potatoes and Brussel sprouts (lardons and chestnuts).

Doug

#4 Post by Doug »

I also love cooking and although we both work together in the kitchen it's me who is the master chef.
Tonight it's a pie made from leftover roast pintade from the weekend.
The chopped up meat mixed with souteed shallots,mushrooms and carrot put into bought pastry lined dish with cheese sauce which Mami makes, assembles and bakes, Apart from the bread I don't do baking, served with our own garden purple sprouting brockley and leeks.
The pintade cost €14 but its given us two meals each with another two from the pie
Now that's how we live good on our small pensions.

Chappers51

#5 Post by Chappers51 »

I often have my main meal at lunchtime, so today I also used some of my Sunday leftover roast chicken with sautéed vegetables, wrapped into crepes my neighbour gave me, then spread with a little cream cheese and a topping of râpé then finished in the oven. My roast chicken often lasts until Thursday and when I stop the carcass there’s always some to mix in with Freddy’s food (being careful to ensure there aren’t any bones).

Doug

#6 Post by Doug »

exile wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:25 pm Roast Venison - well more exactly Sunday's left over roast venison - with roast potatoes and Brussel sprouts (lardons and chestnuts).
Love venison, still have a haunche in the freezer given to us by the local chass.
Last time I did a trumpet de la Mort sauce with it. Luvely

MAD87

#7 Post by MAD87 »

We eat at lunchtime too. Today we had soup followed by risotto (home made) with salmon steaks. We hardly ever eat potatoes, rather rice or pasta. OH often complains, at which I invite him to do the cooking. He hasn't yet taken up that offer....

demi

#8 Post by demi »

They all sound lovely & as I am planning on a roast chicken at the week end I shall use both the pie & pancake ideas.

Keep them coming, as & when, it's great to get some new ideas.

niemeyjt

#9 Post by niemeyjt »

Doug wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:28 pm ... served with our own garden purple sprouting brockley and leeks.
Is that fresh this year? I always think PSB is the first veg of the year and a sign spring is well on the way. I was surprised that when we grew it on the potager, none of the other people seemed to be aware of it.

niemeyjt

#10 Post by niemeyjt »

demi wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:21 pm I love cooking (and food!) but I am feeling bored of thinking what to cook.

So I wondered if people would like to post what they are having for their main meal & see if we can get inspiration.

Tonight we will be having spaghetti with spring onions (sautéed), torn smoked ham & peas. Sprinkle of parmesan & it's done.

Anyone else care to say what they are having?
Shrove Tuesday . . . Pancakes?