What's for Dinner?

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
glazedallover

What's for Dinner?

#571 Post by glazedallover »

Chappers51 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:00 pm I must admit Mad I buy from Bacon by the Box once or twice a year. Everything is Irish, although the price is high I’m prepared to pay for the quality as I don’t eat vast amounts of meat.
They have ramped the prices up this summer, and although I agree that the bacon is pretty good, I find that the bangers are just like mush. not sure I will be using again.

P.S. The black or white pudding is rather excellent imho.....

MAD87

What's for Dinner?

#572 Post by MAD87 »

Chappers51 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:00 pm I must admit Mad I buy from Bacon by the Box once or twice a year. Everything is Irish, although the price is high I’m prepared to pay for the quality as I don’t eat vast amounts of meat.
Thanks, I wondered. I've hesitated about ordering as the minimum is, or was, €100 and it's a lot to pay if it doesn't meet expectations. I don't eat much meat either but I do like good, peppery Irish sausages, those of my youf, quoi.
@glazedallover Thank you too for that helpful comment.

glazedallover

What's for Dinner?

#573 Post by glazedallover »

MAD87 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:21 pm
Thanks, I wondered. I've hesitated about ordering as the minimum is, or was, €100 and it's a lot to pay if it doesn't meet expectations. I don't eat much meat either but I do like good, peppery Irish sausages, those of my youf, quoi.
If you like 'peppery ' MAD87 then the black or white pudding are to die for.......

Spectrum

What's for Dinner?

#574 Post by Spectrum »

Relatively simple to make your own, at least you know whats been put in them, been doing it for years, and curing and smoking Bacon and Hams.

L Austin France

What's for Dinner?

#575 Post by L Austin France »

MAD87 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:21 pm but I do like good, peppery Irish sausages, those of my youf, quoi.
Fortunately, very close to us we have Eric le Sausage (your basement butcher) who makes the most devine peppery pork sausages as well as Merguez & Chipos.
Always good local produce used & fascinating to watch him & his team mince, mix & stuff the sausages whilst quaffing the free wine always available.
Much cheaper than supermarket snorkers :D

glazedallover

What's for Dinner?

#576 Post by glazedallover »

MAD87 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:21 pm
I checked out the new site and there have been changes. The big one is that you need to order EUR150 worth to get free delivery. You can order smaller quantities but you pay delivery 14,95 from 0-50 , 9,95 from 50-100 and 5,95 from 100-150.

MAD87

What's for Dinner?

#577 Post by MAD87 »

€150 is a lot for bacon and sausages! I'd be better oçff going to Dublin....

Spectrum

What's for Dinner?

#578 Post by Spectrum »

Corned dog and onion pie, peas and gravy.

L Austin France

What's for Dinner?

#579 Post by L Austin France »

L Austin France wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:25 am
MAD87 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:21 pm but I do like good, peppery Irish sausages, those of my youf, quoi.
Fortunately, very close to us we have Eric le Sausage (your basement butcher) who makes the most devine peppery pork sausages as well as Merguez & Chipos.
Always good local produce used & fascinating to watch him & his team mince, mix & stuff the sausages whilst quaffing the free wine always available.
Much cheaper than supermarket snorkers :D
Went to Eric's last friday.
3.5 kg porc sausages plus poitrine smoked & raw & a piece of roti. Total weight about 7 kg . Price 35€ . 40€ offered so 3 tins of his pate given as change.
I've individually open frozen the sausages & will slice up smoked poitrine for bacon. Still awaiting instructions for other meat :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spectrum

What's for Dinner?

#580 Post by Spectrum »

Made a "Beef and Apple" Tagine for lunch today also a "Pear and Chocolate" flaky pie for dessert.