Mirabelles in abundance

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
Antonia

Mirabelles in abundance

#11 Post by Antonia »

Oldblueraincoat, Can I ask how long you keep the fruit in the Armagnac? My neighbour gave me a basket full of Mirabelles last week and, inspired by your photo, I stoned them and put them in a parfait jar along with a bottle of Armagnac I had left over from Christmas. How long do they keep and when would be the best time to eat them svp.

Char
Site Admin

Mirabelles in abundance

#12 Post by Char »

I think what's left on the trees of ours are slowly turning into prunes. :lol:

Oldblueraincoat

Mirabelles in abundance

#13 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Antonia wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:55 pm Oldblueraincoat, Can I ask how long you keep the fruit in the Armagnac? My neighbour gave me a basket full of Mirabelles last week and, inspired by your photo, I stoned them and put them in a parfait jar along with a bottle of Armagnac I had left over from Christmas. How long do they keep and when would be the best time to eat them svp.
Hi Antonia - As soon as the cold weather arrives they become a regular digestive after an evening meal. We only prepare a few jars and they normally disappear by February. I imagine you could keep them for quite some time though -

Loup-garou

Mirabelles in abundance

#14 Post by Loup-garou »

Two things - Antonia said "along with a bottle of Armagnac I had left over from Christmas" ................ very difficult to understand/believe!

Hotrodder - or did they really cut down the walnut tree for the wood which fetches really good prices from a menuisier.