demi

Hello and Welcome

#171 Post by demi »

Hallo Trelawney!

Cornish connection???

Trelawney

Hello and Welcome

#172 Post by Trelawney »

Thanks Demi and yes, in a slightly odd seafaring way. It comes from one of my favourite childhood books. It was also the name of the house of the girl who sat next to me in Junior school and we remained very good friends until we went on to different universities.

exile

Hello and Welcome

#173 Post by exile »

Welcome @Trelawney ; When you have had a chance to settle in, feel free to tell us a bit about yourself.

I am the one that lives on top of a mountain in the Massif Central; has inadvertently set up a cat rescue centre; likes gardening and if there is spare time does a bit of railway modelling.

Blaze

Hello and Welcome

#174 Post by Blaze »

Hi Trelawney - the name of the Cornish anthem !

Veem

Hello and Welcome

#175 Post by Veem »

Hi Trelawney and welcome to TFF.

I am married, have two elderly horses, a dog and 4 cats - live in the middle of nowhere near Confolens.

Where in ~France are you?

MAD87

Hello and Welcome

#176 Post by MAD87 »

Greetings Trelawney! I'm in Haute-Vienne, recently rertired but seem to have my marbles still.

Lori

Hello and Welcome

#177 Post by Lori »

Hello and welcome Trelawney.

American here, married and living in the Dordogne since December 2022. Also lived in the Vaucluse for 13 years.

Doug

Hello and Welcome

#178 Post by Doug »

Hi Trelawney.
I'm an ex Ampshirehog,
And an adopted Frenchie of 36 years and now and living in extreme South of Dordogneshire.
Do hope that you enjoy joining this great 4um.

Trelawney

Hello and Welcome

#179 Post by Trelawney »

Well that has been a marvellous welcome. Thank you everyone. Now I have no excuse for asking and answering questions and probably just making a nuisance of myself.
We have had a secondaire in central France for a few decades and spend plenty of time there, even post-Brexit. Our house is typical rural stone with poor insulation and is situated near the junction between Indre, Creuse, Cher and Allier. It is some distance from any major cities or towns but we travel widely and know many of the places mentioned by the members in this thread.

DominicBest

Hello and Welcome

#180 Post by DominicBest »

Welcome. I have many seafaring links with Cornwall but I was also born and grew up there. One of my childhood friends had the Christian name, Trelawney but for his whole life everyone just called him Biggs. It seemed a waste of such a lovely rare name.