Edit

rabbit

Edit

#1 Post by rabbit »

Can someone tell me why that although I am logged-in I don't have the edit icon available for some of my posts.

niemeyjt

Edit

#2 Post by niemeyjt »

Time limited. See FAQ:

How do I edit or delete a post?

Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, sometimes for only a limited time after the post was made. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. This will only appear if someone has made a reply; it will not appear if a moderator or administrator edited the post, though they may leave a note as to why they’ve edited the post at their own discretion. Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

see: https://www.franceinfocus.com/app.php/help/faq#f2r1 (scroll down)

Char
Site Admin

Edit

#3 Post by Char »

niemeyjt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:04 pm You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, sometimes for only a limited time after the post was made.
I'll have a look later and see what that's set to - I think it's 30 minutes.

rabbit

Edit

#4 Post by rabbit »

Thanks

Hotrodder

Edit

#5 Post by Hotrodder »

Has anyone asked why we have to log in first to see a way to access Active Topics?
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Char
Site Admin

Edit

#6 Post by Char »

Hotrodder wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:49 pm Has anyone asked why we have to log in first to see a way to access Active Topics?
Yep - here https://www.franceinfocus.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=841

L Austin France

Edit

#7 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:49 pm Has anyone asked why we have to log in first to see a way to access Active Topics?
I always thought (& hoped) it was to wind up the Hoi Polloi who can't be arsed to push a few buttons & join. :)