Non-residents - passport stamps warning

exile

#11 Post by exile »

Good question @DaveW. OH, who also returns tonight, hadhers stamped in Heathrow.

L Austin France

#12 Post by L Austin France »

DaveW wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:17 pm Who stamped her passport - UK or France?
Stamped at Roscoff, I think, so presumably France.
I'll find out tomorrow if they let her back into France :lol:

DaveW

#13 Post by DaveW »

I’m interested because I’m off to the UK in a couple of weeks.I can understand a stamp back into France for non residence, that’s the rules. On the way out i can’t figure out why France would stamp the passport.

exile

#14 Post by exile »

DaveW wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:10 pm I’m interested because I’m off to the UK in a couple of weeks.I can understand a stamp back into France for non residence, that’s the rules. On the way out i can’t figure out why France would stamp the passport.
To see if you are sticking by the residency rules for a TdS? We have heard of people who have second homes here but have still got a TdS, so perhaps this is a first step in identifying them.

DominicBest

#15 Post by DominicBest »

DaveW wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:10 pm I’m interested because I’m off to the UK in a couple of weeks.I can understand a stamp back into France for non residence, that’s the rules. On the way out i can’t figure out why France would stamp the passport.
Surely France will be stamping British passports on entry and exit to have a record of entry into and exit from Schengen.

Bayleaf

#16 Post by Bayleaf »

exile wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:45 pm
To see if you are sticking by the residency rules for a TdS? We have heard of people who have second homes here but have still got a TdS, so perhaps this is a first step in identifying them.
Still can't work out how 2nd home owners are managing this, when they aren't classed as tax resident here. Also, those (obviously thinking they're above the rules) residents, still driving around in cars with English number plates - but that's just a niggle I have to get over!

rsm

#17 Post by rsm »

I have heard the second home owners getting a TdS ,but only anacdotaly, I do wonder if it is true or just other Brits having a go.

niemeyjt

#18 Post by niemeyjt »

It is French or Swiss passport control doing the stamping. I now give Swiss permit along with passport to both sets of passport checks. It stops French asking about stamps and UK asking their inane questions also.

niemeyjt

#19 Post by niemeyjt »

rsm wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:50 am I have heard the second home owners getting a TdS ,but only anacdotaly, I do wonder if it is true or just other Brits having a go.
Some may be dual passport also.

L Austin France

#20 Post by L Austin France »

L Austin France wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:40 pm
DaveW wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:17 pm Who stamped her passport - UK or France?
Stamped at Roscoff, I think, so presumably France.
I'll find out tomorrow if they let her back into France :lol:
Deffo stamped by French at Roscoff for both exit & re-entry.
Exit France stamp showed little graphic of box with arrow exiting it & re-entry France showed box with arrow inside it.