Modification of our address

manonthemoon2

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Our maire has sent us a letter explaining that we will have a new address, enclosed with this letter are attestations giving us the new address.

It also encloses a Fiche listing all the people we need to inform.

I know this has been going on in a lot of Departments, and a friend whose address changed had quite a lot of difficulties.

Our daughter tells us it can all be done online so I've looked at the Service Public site, but can't find anything under the heading Modification de Adresse.

Has anyone had to do this and can point me in the direction please, I envisage it is going to be a pain in the derriere

hughnique

#2 Post by hughnique »

Certainly is, I have had to notify separately anyone and everyone, the downside is that you would have thought that it would have made deliveries easier, unfortunately the providers of the GPS have not updated so it doesn't come up on the drivers satnav, the old address, just the name of the property still comes up. I think it was CA that wanted to know the ins and outs of a DA, the attestation was not sufficient for them.

Sparkle

#3 Post by Sparkle »

Yes, we did some of it online via France Connect but that was 3 yrs ago.

Absolute nightmare. Ours was changed in March 2019. Having contacted everyone necessary here & in the UK some had to be sent via the post to the UK so a cost involved we then got another letter a year later as they'd spelt the new road name wrong and the name of the village disappeared altogether we'd been lumped with the larger village :roll: Then another letter arrived saying we could add our village name if we so wanted. So 3 yrs down the line, more letters sent out and the road sign name has still not been changed, apparently we are not on GPS so deliveries are a nightmare cos no-one can find us. We were also told that it would cost nothing to change the address on ANTS - ummmm if you have the old style registration plates (which we did have on three cars) they have to be changed to the new style (ANTS system wont accept the old style) & new reg. numbers issued, so 3 sets of number plates came out at around 90 euros then if you have the Crit Air stickers (which we have) you then have to update the reg. no. on those at 3 euros each. Good luck I really wish you a smooth journey with this one.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

p4psb

#4 Post by p4psb »

manonthemoon2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:48 am Our maire has sent us a letter explaining that we will have a new address, enclosed with this letter are attestations giving us the new address.

It also encloses a Fiche listing all the people we need to inform.

I know this has been going on in a lot of Departments, and a friend whose address changed had quite a lot of difficulties.

Our daughter tells us it can all be done online so I've looked at the Service Public site, but can't find anything under the heading Modification de Adresse.

Has anyone had to do this and can point me in the direction please, I envisage it is going to be a pain in the derriere
Our mayor told us just to change the address when we renew anything. He said the old addresses will still be used for years and years.

Sparkle

#5 Post by Sparkle »

@p4psb He was right about the years & years! When OH went to the Mairie to find out if it was a joke he was told absolutely not it's due to 'fibre' he then asked when was the change of address from 'immediatement' came the reply do not use the old address - so we did as we were told and have caused ourselves no end of problems!
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

L Austin France

#6 Post by L Austin France »

When our commune decided to give the houses in our road numbers they simply omitted the 'Lieu Dit' bit of the original address & added a number to each. Each LD has a house number starting with 1 & finishing dependant on the number of houses in that LD so lots of similar numbers in our 2km long country road. Seems to work although most 'stuff' to us is still addressed to the Lieu Dit.
They sent a letter explaining what was happening & enclosed very smart enamelled number plaques for each house. Road signs were erected on the entry/exit of each Lieu Dit.
No mention was made of the requirement to notify anyone of the change so we've not gone out of our way to do this & simply do it as & when we are in contact with various entities.

manonthemoon2

#7 Post by manonthemoon2 »

I found the form online so have so far completed one for OH.

What about the carte de sejour, is it really necessary to change that? It is on the list from the Maire

Is there a template online that can be printed to all those that need to know?

MAD87

#8 Post by MAD87 »

Jeepers! When we moved to our current house 4 years ago, I informed everyone I could think of, both here and in the UK, and also had our post redirected for 18 months (different commune). I had no idea that one had to change the address on the carte grise.
I did that last year, paying 50 yoyos for the privilege as gouv. fr said I wasn't the registered owner...

p4psb

#9 Post by p4psb »

manonthemoon2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:53 pm I found the form online so have so far completed one for OH.

What about the carte de sejour, is it really necessary to change that? It is on the list from the Maire

Is there a template online that can be printed to all those that need to know?
I am reliably informed by someone who helped create the WARP system that it should only be done at renewal.
I prefer to keep mine as long as i can, just in case it goes awry!

Sparkle

#10 Post by Sparkle »

We agree cos the old address matches the address on the OHs driving licence which he hasn't changed and doesn't want to as it's one of those old pink paper ones.