Paying the Doc.

DaveW

Paying the Doc.

#11 Post by DaveW »

In my case CPAM pass the information to my mutuel and they do a bank transfer, it’s pretty painless and fast. I don’t know if all mutuels work like that.

Mangetout

Paying the Doc.

#12 Post by Mangetout »

We never paid a cent, but we both have (had) ALDs.

L Austin France

Paying the Doc.

#13 Post by L Austin France »

exile wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:28 pm
Quiksilver wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:17 pm
@LAF...Looks as though the €7.50 is the part that the MT expects you to reclaim from your mutuelle provider.
Which quite possibly means that the doc has signed up for automatic payment from CPAM

and in true bureaucratic fashion means the victim - sorry patient - has now to claim from the mutuelle themselves rather than automatic reimbursement.
If that's the case, how does one prove one's paid the doc?
All I've got is a 'till' receipt with Doc's name for the €7,50

Veem

Paying the Doc.

#14 Post by Veem »

I always pay in cash and don't get any receipt. I suppose it's all down to trust.

L Austin France

Paying the Doc.

#15 Post by L Austin France »

Veem wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:44 pm I always pay in cash and don't get any receipt. I suppose it's all down to trust.
Doc's working 'on the black' :lol:

Quiksilver

Paying the Doc.

#16 Post by Quiksilver »

Quite possible! :lol: It might be worth a call or e-mail to your mutuelle provider to clarify whether they reimburse you automatically or you do need to claim? Ah, and the €1 is the Government's little bonus. God forbid anything should take place in France without the Gov getting a cut.

Spectrum

Paying the Doc.

#17 Post by Spectrum »

Mangetout wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:47 pm We never paid a cent, but we both have (had) ALDs.
Yes I think that's why, the DW has her ALD and I as her lone carer was "piggybacked" on to her paperwork, but it changed last year when I reached 66, had to fill paperwork in from the UK and send to CPAM for a new CV, but never received a new one, but they told me my original was good, we don't have any mutual and our income would be classed too high, pity it doesn't work at the dentist.

Veem

Paying the Doc.

#18 Post by Veem »

OH has an ALD so never has anything to pay. If you met our lovely doctor you would realise as I do that she doesn't need to be checked up on. We get little payments from our mutuelle on a regular basis but I'm afraid I don't check them out either. ;)

exile

Paying the Doc.

#19 Post by exile »

Checking repayments from CPAM is at best difficult.

What you get back is their share less the government charges less the pharmacy commissions.

So if you go to the doctor, get a prescription and go to the pharmacy, you will have tp pay two sets of fees from the reimbursement
Now suppose the prescription is for 6 months and that one of the meds can only be given out in 1 month doses at a time. When you next go to the doctor and get a repeat prescription and go to the pharmacy, the reimbursement this time will be less the governments 1€ less 6 x sets of pharmacy fees.

You can track it all on Ameli but it is a real faff.

L Austin France

Paying the Doc.

#20 Post by L Austin France »

My wife had a MT appointment this morning with a 'replacement' doc & was offered the choice of paying €25 or €7,50.
When she asked 'why?' the explanation offered with a shrug was Bureaucracy. :roll: