Till receipts

rabbit

Till receipts

#1 Post by rabbit »

More and more stores are now asking if one requires a till receipt. What are supermarkets doing about this and what happens if goods need to be returned?

Blaze

Till receipts

#2 Post by Blaze »

Some supermarkets will send you a till receipt by email if you pay by card (like our local Intermarché).
The problem could arise if you don't have a receipt and you go back into the same shop .... Our Carrefour will seal goods for you when you go in which is good.
I always ask for the ticket if I've paid by card.

p4psb

Till receipts

#3 Post by p4psb »

If you buy items that have a guarantee then the shop must give you a receipt, otherwise it is the customer's choice whether to ask for one or not.

niemeyjt

Till receipts

#4 Post by niemeyjt »

And make a copy of it if it is a thermal printout as it may fade before a guarantee expires.

Antonia

Till receipts

#5 Post by Antonia »

Funnily enough I'd asked for a receipt today as I was doing a big shop for a dinner party tomorrow night. I'd popped in one of those mixed salads for tonight's supper as it was reduced because of being short dated. As I said, it was a big shop, so the goods started going through before I had finished emptying the trolley. Of course, when I checked the receipt before leaving the store, there was the salad at full price. So off to reception to get my 1 euro 50 back. :lol:

hughnique

Till receipts

#6 Post by hughnique »

Always get the receipt what proof do you have if the alarm goes off at the door because you bought a pair of jeans in Kiabi a few weeks ago and it somehow still has a trigger in it. I get enough rubbish mail without clogging it up with till receipts. Bricomarche worst offenders, asked several times for them to stop, even the desinscrire produces a page not found, so you can't get rid on there. As Antonia says you have to check these short date and special offers too late when you have left the shop without a receipt.

MAD87

Till receipts

#7 Post by MAD87 »

Hors piste I know, but the pavement below the CA cash machine next door (2 m from our salon window) is always littered with receipts. Since you have to specifically ask for a receipt, I can only assume that the culprits read it and then chuck it away...

elsie

Till receipts

#8 Post by elsie »

The end of automatic receipt printing will apply in France from 1er August 2023. This change is being made in the context of the fight against waste and substances dangerous to health. It will nevertheless remain possible to request the printing of the receipt. In the face of this major development for retailers and consumers, new elements have to be taken into account.
see End of mandatory receipt on August 1, 2023 for more information

curtis

Till receipts

#9 Post by curtis »

I usually just ask for the card receipt.But, at our local Intermarché you need the bar code on the till receipt to use the try your luck machine.As I have won, 3€,0.50€, and four or five pieces of World Cup tat I get a receipt. One day I might win something exciting.
Each time I win I always say out loud "Waoh, des vacances au Caraïbes". It's worth it to see the faces.

Veem

Till receipts

#10 Post by Veem »

Our local Intermarche began sending receipts via e-mail at some point last year. I hadn't signed up for them and really didn't want them, but couldn't find a way to stop them coming. Then, as suddenly as they started, they stopped. Now, as before, I am asked if I want the paper receipt.