Census form

Hotrodder

Census form

#1 Post by Hotrodder »

I received a hand delivered letter today informing that our commune is to take part in the census. Thankfully there was a letter in English explaining how it is conducted and more or less what we are expected to do. Eventually I worked out that it must be done by this Tuesday. :shock: There is the option of doing it online, and to that end, there is an identifier and a password to get into the online form page. These are printed as part of the letter and clear to understand. Then the fun begins. There are two more sets of characters that identify something else (location maybe?) and these have been hand written into little boxes. The problem is I can't decipher them all. The zeros are easy, but the rest are so unlike English language I can't tell if they are numbers or letters. I think one of them is a seven because there is a horizontal line across what looks like a French one. Then there is either an H or a four. Then a couple of others that I can't liken to anything at all. I have been Googling French handwriting examples and getting no useful information. Clearly whoever filled in the boxes had loads to do and veered a little far from the examples that turned up in my search.
Any idea what to do to identify these characters for certain before I use them on my online census form?

Before anyone suggests........ We have no French neighbours to ask, and when we have asked the French speaking English ones for help in the past they suddenly claim to know very little so we no longer ask.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

Census form

#2 Post by L Austin France »

Scan it & post here.
Some will have a guess & you can take your pick :)
Alternatively scan it & email the mairie to ask them what it is.

Hotrodder

Census form

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

I'll have a go.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Char
Site Admin

Census form

#4 Post by Char »

I was just about to tell you what the numbers stood for, but there's no point if you can't read the actual numbers anyway. :lol:

Hotrodder

Census form

#5 Post by Hotrodder »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Char
Site Admin

Census form

#6 Post by Char »

274 001

L Austin France

Census form

#7 Post by L Austin France »

I think it's :- 0001
274 001
Char just beat me to it :)

Hotrodder

Census form

#8 Post by Hotrodder »

Wow! I would never have guessed those were ones. I had a gut feeling the H was a 4 but couldn't be certain.
Many thanks to both of you. :)

L Austin France

Census form

#9 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:11 pm Wow! I would never have guessed those were ones. I had a gut feeling the H was a 4 but couldn't be certain.
Many thanks to both of you. :)
We could both be wrong :lol:

Oldblueraincoat

Census form

#10 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Our form turned up yesterday - we will be visiting the Mairie on Monday to ask for a form questionnaires papier as we do not feel confident to complete the on line one - as we do with our imports each year.