Roadside Pictures

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
Blaze

Roadside Pictures

#141 Post by Blaze »

@RobertArthur. Some of the crew of the Nao Victoria heard us performing one evening in Saint-Malo and invited us to perform aboard the following week. The two ships are well-known here - we get a lot of old/replicas visiting, particularly during the summer.
The Wodnik another replica of a Spanish galleon is in at the moment, open as a bar. It doesn't look in nearly as good condition as the other two ...
(not my photo)
Wodnik.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobertArthur

Roadside Pictures

#142 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, more roadside pictures (?), Sail Amsterdam 2015, part I and part II .

Blaze

Roadside Pictures

#143 Post by Blaze »

@RobertArthur, I recognised the Etoile du Roy immediately (the first one) !! She lives here !

RobertArthur

Roadside Pictures

#144 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, the Wodnik, a Polish galleon?

Blaze

Roadside Pictures

#145 Post by Blaze »

@RobertArthur Indeed ! Everyone in Saint-Malo knows these boats well : The Etoile de Roy and the Renard live here, the Wodnik and the 2 Spanish boats are frequent visitors, as well as lots of other vieux gréements which include square riggers and replicas !

RobertArthur

Roadside Pictures

#146 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, as a kid, living near the beach, I loved reading this type of books. My perspective has changed from seaside to roadside in la France profonde.

Blaze

Roadside Pictures

#147 Post by Blaze »

@RobertArthur I remember the Dumpy books ..... Both of us have spent most of our lives living by or near the sea. After 18 years in Maine et Loire (49) we decided to downsize and that we missed the sea, hence our move 7 years ago (I don't know where that 7 years has gone ....)
We' have la Bretagne profonde a stone's throw away ;)

rabbit

Roadside Pictures

#148 Post by rabbit »

If you haven’t already read it my favourite is The Magic of the Swatchways.

Blaze

Roadside Pictures

#149 Post by Blaze »

@Rabbit - I haven't read that. One of my all time favourites is the Riddle of the Sands which I first read as a child. It captivated me in a way no other book had and I have read it over and over again since then. The copy I have is over 40 years old and well-used.

RobertArthur

Roadside Pictures

#150 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Blaze, back to "my" beach several years ago. Not here, and not a Riddle of the Sands, no need to guess. Off road pictures of a combined trip, also to New York, Italy (Pisa) and London.