Any signs of spring?

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
elsie

Any signs of spring?

#1 Post by elsie »

A friend in London wrote
So glad dreary January is finished. Please tell me of any signs of spring you have seen there. A friend in Cornwall says the jonquils are in their full glory there already.

I could only offer these snowdrops, which appeared earlier this week
snowdrops.jpg
They were a week later than last year when they appeared out of the snow (which we've hardly had here, so possibly the soil is colder?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sparkle

Any signs of spring?

#2 Post by Sparkle »

I don't have any photos but our snowdrops are out and the muscaris or mascaras as I call them (that's how I remember their name :roll: ) are just peeping up.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Spardo

Any signs of spring?

#3 Post by Spardo »

Daffies starting to emerge. :)

Veem

Any signs of spring?

#4 Post by Veem »

3 daffodils in flower (the rest are still shooting leaves, as are the grape hyacinth and daylilies). Magnolia stellata flower buds are ready to burst when it gets a tad warmer. New grass shoots appeared in the paddock last week when it crept up to 14C, but the renewed cold has put the brakes on that. Hazel catkins are ripening to a lovely yellow.

manonthemoon2

Any signs of spring?

#5 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Lilac tree has lots of new shoots, magnolia likewise.

No bulbs yet, the crocus are usually first. We don't have any snowdrops, don't know why because I like them.

The passionate has kept it's leaves, not sure if that is usual.

Veem

Any signs of spring?

#6 Post by Veem »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As if on cue, I have just seen the first group of cranes heading NE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MAD87

Any signs of spring?

#7 Post by MAD87 »

Nothing here except that the birds are more vocal.

Char
Site Admin

Any signs of spring?

#8 Post by Char »

Veem wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:54 pm WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As if on cue, I have just seen the first group of cranes heading NE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Really? That's excellent news. 8-)

Veem

Any signs of spring?

#9 Post by Veem »

I couldn't believe it to begin with so I called Biggles out. Definitely grues and definitely heading NE. :D :D :D

Chappers51

Any signs of spring?

#10 Post by Chappers51 »

Yes the grue travelled North over here this afternoon - I heard them, before I saw them.