Any signs of spring?

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
Veem

Any signs of spring?

#141 Post by Veem »

Dog violets, periwinkle, cowslips, stitchwort, lesser celandine, groundsel, dandelion and daisies are all in flower now on the wild side whilst hyacinth, forsythia, verbena, grape hyacinth, tulips daffodils and hellebore are all producing loads of colour in the borders. I regret to add that the hairy bitter cress is also making its unwelcome presence felt. The magnolia stellata has suffered as always from an ill-timed wind intent on removing the flowers.

RobertArthur

Any signs of spring?

#142 Post by RobertArthur »

Garden wall with water falls made of purple flowers, rather early this year.

Polly

Any signs of spring?

#143 Post by Polly »

Veem wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:55 pm Dog violets, periwinkle, cowslips, stitchwort, lesser celandine, groundsel, dandelion and daisies are all in flower now on the wild side whilst hyacinth, forsythia, verbena, grape hyacinth, tulips daffodils and hellebore are all producing loads of colour in the borders. I regret to add that the hairy bitter cress is also making its unwelcome presence felt. The magnolia stellata has suffered as always from an ill-timed wind intent on removing the flowers.

What a lovely list, Veem - I feel I can almost see them!

My magnolia stellata has lasted the longest I can ever remember it in the 30+ years since I planted it, despite high winds, hail, heavy rain and today's early April showers. It’s only just started losing a few petals, having had the first few flowers 3/4 weeks ago.

elsie

Any signs of spring?

#144 Post by elsie »

The snowdrops this year appear to be a few days behind in flowering compared to those in 5Feb2022 I posted at the start of this topic
snowdrops-2feb24a.jpg
and the hellebore are all only in bud
hellebore-2feb24a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elsie

Any signs of spring?

#145 Post by elsie »

Getting warmer
Spring flowers.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

exile

Any signs of spring?

#146 Post by exile »

Not here. 20cm snow and still falling - albeit not as strongly as this morning.

Quiksilver

Any signs of spring?

#147 Post by Quiksilver »

Not that I like pink or anything.. :D
Cyclamen persicum
20240219_181707.jpg
Magnolia soulangeana
20240228_184001.jpg
Loropetalum chinense
20240228_125543.jpg
Camellia 'Anticipation'
20240208_103108.jpg

ajm

Any signs of spring?

#148 Post by ajm »

No photos but definitely a sign of spring. Last week we had dozens of tiny (1/2 cm) green grasshoppers on the house wall. Today they, or another hatching, are back in the sunshine.

suein56

Any signs of spring?

#149 Post by suein56 »

Our signs of spring have been struggling in the past few days against fierce periods of rain and strong gusty winds .. all plants are well-battered and very wet.

Sparkle

Any signs of spring?

#150 Post by Sparkle »

oh yes - I had one just one daffodil open up on St David's day so that cheered my up.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride