Any signs of spring?

:camera: The place to share your photos as well as exchanging ideas, information, and discuss software and equipment
Sparkle

Any signs of spring?

#91 Post by Sparkle »

I love to hear the cuckoo's first call but it's usually not until St George's day. The earliest was a couple of years ago on April 12th.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Veem

Any signs of spring?

#92 Post by Veem »

Biggles rang me whilst on yesterday's dog walk to tell me he'd just heard the first cuckoo. He knows I like what it stands for but in reality, I'm sick of it by the end of a week. We haven't heard it today - perhaps it doesn't like this sudden cold snap.

Chappers51

Any signs of spring?

#93 Post by Chappers51 »

As I wrote last Thursday I heard we heard our first cuckoo, it’s accompanied us on our walk every morning since, but Raffi is now immune to it - he prefers the other woodland scents.

Hotrodder

Any signs of spring?

#94 Post by Hotrodder »

Our new new apple tree is starting to show blossom.
But the neighbour's sodding cat is stripping the bark off it to sharpen its claws. :evil:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Blaze

Any signs of spring?

#95 Post by Blaze »

Hotrodder wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:25 pm But the neighbour's sodding cat is stripping the bark off it to sharpen its claws.
Wrap chicken wire around the trunk, that will soon deter it.

Bayleaf

Any signs of spring?

#96 Post by Bayleaf »

Walking up to our top field last night, to empty the latest little bin of "compostible" waste (or wildlife fodder!), the splashes of white dotted around our hedgerows were amazing - all prunelier, sloe bushes, almost flourescent in the wierd evening light. Spotted a couple of deer grazing on the edge of our open field, until they spotted me and ran for cover. The fruit trees are blossoming up, and I'm thinking - are all the flowers going to be decimated again this weekend? They're too big to cover with fleece. Might just try to cover the peach and nectarine (and pear, and plum!). The cherries will just have to fight it out for themselves. :cry:

Lovely to see flora bursting into life again though. Always uplifting.

Quiksilver

Any signs of spring?

#97 Post by Quiksilver »

I wish the deer round here were as timid as that! They lift their heads from grazing, look down their muzzles as much to say 'it's roses for dessert' and carry on peacefully browsing. Perhaps they know that our local chasse has disintegrated :lol:

Sparkle

Any signs of spring?

#98 Post by Sparkle »

Woke up to a covering of snow this morning - very pretty :D ☃️
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Char
Site Admin

Any signs of spring?

#99 Post by Char »

Well les hirondelles have arrived so I suppose it's officially Summer now. :lol:

Doug

Any signs of spring?

#100 Post by Doug »

The hoopoes have arrived, heard them for a couple of days, hope they stay this year as theres no bird scarers going off every 15 minutes.