Model Aircraft

A new section for discussion and displays of your favourite ways to relax or maybe energize yourselves.
Spectrum

Re: Model Aircraft

#11 Post by Spectrum »

exile wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:49 am Not a model plane enthusiast, but as a model railway enthusiast, I certainly relate to the kit set aside to the day when......
Also a model railway fan, in the new house I had built a grenier (Attic) 7.4Mt X 4.5Mt when its insulated will over many years build a good size OO gauge layout, already planned it out on SCARM.

Blaze

#12 Post by Blaze »

[mention]Mike[/mention] That's a beautiful plane, shame about the crash :(

Half our main attic is a model railway layout, and model boat-building yard, and where kits are waiting for that day ... It's intricate work and requires a lots of patience but I'm told it's very absorbing and relaxing !
Last edited by Blaze on Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum

#13 Post by Spectrum »

One of my Subs did a crash dive :o but didnt come up :shock: :shock: my younger cousin volunteered to dive in to retrieve it, which he did :D took some drying out :roll: :roll:

Mike

#14 Post by Mike »

I remember a chap at Blackheath ponds had a sub powered by rubber band driven screw, the sub was ballasted to just on the surface with bow planed that made it dive as it was thrust forward, when the rubber band ran out it surfaced, very innovative sixty years ago.
Last edited by Mike on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

#15 Post by Mike »

Blaze wrote: ↑Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:11 am
@Mike That's a beautiful plane, shame about the crash :(

Half our main attic is a model railway layout, and model boat-building yard, and where kits are waiting for that day ... It's intricate work and requires a lots of patience but I'm told it's very absorbing and relaxing !
The only way to avoid crashing a model aeroplane is not to fly it, but then some Muppet will step on it at some time or other. :lol:
Last edited by Mike on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaze

#16 Post by Blaze »

[mention]Mike[/mention] :(
That's sad, particularly when you've put a lot of work into it !!

L Austin France

#17 Post by L Austin France »

Mike wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:33 am

The only way to avoid crashing a model aeroplane is not to fly it, but then some Muppet will step on it at some time or other. :D
True indeed !
The last time out with one of my 'planes I was busy explaining the 'workings' to a prospective young spotter as I waggled the controls to check they were working.
A nice take off followed by a gracefull bank to the right resulted in a loud & embarrasing crump as plane met ground reminded me to check the ailerons were actually working the 'right way' the next time out. :oops:

Spectrum

#18 Post by Spectrum »

L Austin France wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:42 am
Mike wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:33 am

The only way to avoid crashing a model aeroplane is not to fly it, but then some Muppet will step on it at some time or other. :D
True indeed !
The last time out with one of my 'planes I was busy explaining the 'workings' to a prospective young spotter as I waggled the controls to check they were working.
A nice take off followed by a gracefull bank to the right resulted in a loud & embarrasing crump as plane met ground reminded me to check the ailerons were actually working the 'right way' the next time out. :oops:
While we can laugh about it as its only a model, this did happen in real life, the maintenance crew, put the linkage on the wrong way round. Great lose of life :( :(

Mike

#19 Post by Mike »

]

L Austin France

#20 Post by L Austin France »

I'd be interested to learn why the OP of this thread had deleted all of his posts. :shock: