Photographic Blogging

For viewing and replying to members who have posted a blog article.
Oldblueraincoat

Photographic Blogging

#1 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

We have a couple of photography blogs with some occasional written content - They are WordPress Blogs one of which is dedicated to visual Palindromes in the style of [mention]Char[/mention]s photo.
2PEAS_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
IMG_9716_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
1ASHIP_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oldblueraincoat

Re: Photographic Blogging

#2 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

I use various subjects to create this stuff - at first it was trial and error like those above and these but now, a few years down the line, l have started to see the potential for a palindrome when taking pictures.
PORTAIRBUS_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
gallery - Copie (750x391)_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
4JEANS - Copie (500x456)_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blaze

#3 Post by Blaze »

Superb images OBR - good imagination and creativity ! I haven't had any decent photo software for a long time and really miss being able to mess about with photos.
What software do you use ?

Char
Site Admin

#4 Post by Char »

Those are absolutely stunning [mention]Oldblueraincoat[/mention] :D

It's great fun playing isn't it. 8-)

Oldblueraincoat

#5 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Blaze wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:58 am Superb images OBR - good imagination and creativity ! I haven't had any decent photo software for a long time and really miss being able to mess about with photos.
What software do you use ?
[mention]Blaze[/mention] Thank you very much. All of my editing software is free. The 'paint' app that comes with Windows is what l use to stitch the pictures together - Give it a go and as [mention]Char[/mention] says it's great fun. If you need any help give us a shout :)

Blaze

#6 Post by Blaze »

Thank you [mention]Oldblueraincoat[/mention]
I use Mac and can't always get Window things. In the past I used the free Nik software that Google supported. Sadly they've stopped doing it. I'll see what I can get for Mac.
I have managed to download a newer version of Gimp which should be a good start. It looks a lot better than the old one.

Char
Site Admin

#7 Post by Char »

RawTherapee which is free does a version for Mac and Darktable which is free open source also has a Mac version.

The only problem with doing this sort of thing is you lose time - you think you've only been at it for half an hour or so and you find that several hours have passed. :oops: Well I do anyway, I get too engrossed in what I'm doing. :lol:

Oldblueraincoat

#8 Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Just to show what fun these pictures can be:
1ABLOKE2 (2)_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
1AZE_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
1AA0_Easy-Resize.com.jpg

Blaze

#9 Post by Blaze »

That does look fun !
[mention]Char[/mention] Yes, I know how time just disappears when you start fiddling with photos. I used to love using textures ....
I've got Darktable and Pixlr bookmarked so will download them when I can get somewhere with a decent internet connection ....