2nd Booster

:mask:
Nomoss

2nd Booster

#11 Post by Nomoss »

Nomoss wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:33 pm I seem to be losing track of Covid terminology.
What is the total number of jabs after one has had this "second booster", please?

We have had four jabs.
Our certificates have "4/4" under "Nombre dans une série de vaccins/doses", the last one being in March this year.
There is no mention of "boosters".
I'll ask my MT on my next rdv, but suspect he'll say it's up to me.
We are over 80, so had our second booster long ago, and further instructions we have seen so far always referred to a "deuxième rappel", which I consider we have had.

This article answers my question https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/vacci ... a89e95acac See last paragraph "Qu’en est-il de la troisième dose de rappel ?"

The rule now seems to be that we are eligible for our fifth jab 3 months after the previous one, that is since 1st July, but I don't think it was in effect at that time.

Nomoss

2nd Booster

#12 Post by Nomoss »

I just checked the last message we received from CPAM on the subject, on July 11:-

Madame, Monsieur,
Le coronavirus circule à nouveau activement et la protection offerte par la vaccination diminue avec le temps, en particulier chez les personnes âgées de 60 ans et plus.
Vous avez plus de 80 ans, vous êtes éligible, depuis le 14 mars dernier, à un nouveau rappel vaccinal (deuxième rappel ou 4ème dose le plus souvent), dès 3 mois après votre précédent rappel....................................

...................... Si vous avez déjà réalisé ce deuxième rappel, alors vous êtes protégé(e) et vous n'êtes pas concerné(e) par ce message.

We had our deuxième rappel, recorded on the same site, more than four months previously.

It seems some joining up of data is needed.

exile

2nd Booster

#13 Post by exile »

niemeyjt wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:52 pm Once again, France leads Switzerland!

Here either my company or I have to pay for the flu jab (my company says it will, in November) and we are still at the "over 80-s" point for jab 4 / booster 2.

So zero chance of having two together.
In a normal year that would be optimal. The peak flu period is usually in January into February. It results very heavily from all of the social mixing that occurs at Christmas and New Year. It takes 4 - 5 weeks for the vaccine to reach peak efficiency, so the optimum timing for a flu vaccine is normally November.

The caveat this year is of course that following 2 years of minimal flu this year may prove to be an exception - and Australian information tends to back this up. With minimal natural protection in the general population the virus will spread much more quickly and peak infection may well be earlier than normal.

Nomoss

2nd Booster

#14 Post by Nomoss »

I made an appointment this morning for our 5th jabs, which will be the bivalent ones, for 17/10, with our local pharmacy. No problem at all.

niemeyjt

2nd Booster

#15 Post by niemeyjt »

Here they start tomorrow (10th). Bivalent Moderna will be on offer. But I am too young, still.

Not sure how it will work with forthcoming immunotherapy.

Pathca

2nd Booster

#16 Post by Pathca »

I have my flu Vaccine and Covid second booster this morning.Having had Pfizer previously,this time I have had the bivalent Moderna .Both in same arm as it’s now personal choice within the trust,and I decided to have one arm pain free

niemeyjt

2nd Booster

#17 Post by niemeyjt »

Pathca wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:14 pmI have my flu Vaccine and Covid second booster this morning.Having had Pfizer previously,this time I have had the bivalent Moderna .Both in same arm as it’s now personal choice within the trust,and I decided to have one arm pain free
Did you have problems after? Mrs N has spent w/e with a splitting headache after Moderna - but never had "real" Covid.

Finally, Vaud has opened up to us under 65s - so I have booked Covid next week - and flu at work the week after - subject to an OK from the doctors tomorrow. My left arm is already a pin cushion, so a couple more holes won't be noticed.

Pathca

2nd Booster

#18 Post by Pathca »

Yes I wasn’t well for a few days and a headache was part of it,I described it as feeling like I was coming down with,or re covering from a nasty virus

niemeyjt

2nd Booster

#19 Post by niemeyjt »

Pathca wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:35 pmYes I wasn’t well for a few days and a headache was part of it,I described it as feeling like I was coming down with,or re covering from a nasty virus
And had you previously contracted the real virus?

Pathca

2nd Booster

#20 Post by Pathca »

No I haven’t had it ,and haven’t got natural antibodies,only the ones from the vaccines