Covid Inquiry UK

:mask:
Bayleaf

Covid Inquiry UK

#1 Post by Bayleaf »

Today, the main event - Blojo is up, and set to "apologise" for the terrible decisions his Govt made over the pandemic. It's been interesting, and shocking, to have seen some of the previous sessions, with Dom Cummings, Chris Whitty, Matt Hancock etc. Nothing we didn't really already know. I wonder if this is happening with any other countries? Although one comment was "the UK should have locked down earlier and been stricter like much of the EU".

Another comment that sticks from Matt Hancock - he said there were no books/paperwork to guide them in the early days of the pandemic. Erm, he was part of the Pandemic Committee, along with Michael Gove and other senior ministers, which was disbanded just six months before so they could concentrate on "making a success of brexit". :crazy:

Interesting to note, as an aside that America also disbanded their Pandemic Committee 6 months before it all kicked off. Don't know if that's relevant or not, but it seems odd.

There's a lot of angry people outside waiting to see blojo's side of events, but from written transcriptions now being said out loud, the utter contempt and uncaring attitude of "those in charge" is mind-bending. When will Sunak be up? His "Eat out to Help Out" is shown as having made things a whole lot worse - seriously, they DID NOT CARE! It was always about the money, it always is. Will they actually be punished for their slack attitude and actions (and yes, they did make sure their friends and families profited very well from this horror)

Sorry, I'll pass the soap box along! :lol:

Hotrodder

Covid Inquiry UK

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

The slob arrived early in order to avoid the mob outside.
Bayleaf wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:50 am Will they actually be punished for their slack attitude and actions (and yes, they did make sure their friends and families profited very well from this horror)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of the dodgy deals, broken rules, and failures that have come to light so far have resulted in any consequences apart from a few paltry fines for attending partys at No.10. Probably paid for out of expense accounts in the end.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

L Austin France

Covid Inquiry UK

#3 Post by L Austin France »

The Greased Piglet has a remarkably selective memory.
I lost count of the number of times he " didn't recollect that" but was adament about other things that happened.

Headers

Covid Inquiry UK

#4 Post by Headers »

But he accepts full responsibility. What the flying fig does that mean. There will be no consequences for any of them.
Makes me sick.

Wilbro

Covid Inquiry UK

#5 Post by Wilbro »

I only saw the last hour but it was all "I don't remember that" and a lot of burbling and blustering. For heavens sake he is a supposedly well educated man but he can't string a sentence together. I thought some of the looks given him by the Chairwoman were reminiscent of someone watching the village idiot
Last edited by Wilbro on Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bayleaf

Covid Inquiry UK

#6 Post by Bayleaf »

Someone bring in a toasting machine - so much waffle coming out of blojo's mouth today! :lol:

L Austin France

Covid Inquiry UK

#7 Post by L Austin France »

Instead of lying on a bible Johnson should be made to take a polygraph test.

RobertArthur

Covid Inquiry UK

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

During the SARS outbreak 2002/2004 there was one international organisation already directly confronted with the death of one of its senior officials, a Finnish national, the International Labour Organisation in Geneva. Perhaps that explains why Finland was preparing for the worst after 2004, the other government taking action was that of Taiwan, realising that it was a narrow escape for all of us. The other countries worldwide thought: this will blow over, back to business, back to work, we are not preparing or investing in a possible once in a life time event. The ILO made an inventarisation of country policy responses between 2020-2022.

Early 2020 I was surprised about all the direct flights from the PRC still arriving at Heathrow. I should not be surprised by what we now read, see and hear in the COVID-19 inquiry, nevertheless it throws me almost into a state of utter disbelief.

hughnique

Covid Inquiry UK

#9 Post by hughnique »

What is that stupid bobble hat he is wearing, and can you guess what the letters stand for??

niemeyjt

Covid Inquiry UK

#10 Post by niemeyjt »

Grimsby Town Football Club

aka The Mariners