France - Press Conference Tonight

:mask:
MAD87

#11 Post by MAD87 »

I can't argue with your analysis, exile.

p4psb

#12 Post by p4psb »

Last week France tested around 2 million per day (not including Sunday), that is why the figures are high.

niemeyjt

#13 Post by niemeyjt »

My (France based) boss seems to have caught it from his daughter - and he was triple-jabbed - which is a bit alarming as he is quite unwell.

Meanwhile here the Swiss Federal Council has mandated working from home until the end of February it seems - but still won't properly enforce mask-wearing.

Blaze

#14 Post by Blaze »

niemeyjt wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 pm My (France based) boss seems to have caught it from his daughter - and he was triple-jabbed - which is a bit alarming as he is quite unwell.
I wonder how many people have found they had a condition that they did not know about which came to light when they caught Covid.
This could particularly apply to children or young people who wouldn't 'normally' expect to have problems.

Pachapapa

#15 Post by Pachapapa »

niemeyjt wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 pm My (France based) boss seems to have caught it from his daughter - and he was triple-jabbed - which is a bit alarming as he is quite unwell.

Meanwhile here the Swiss Federal Council has mandated working from home until the end of February it seems - but still won't properly enforce mask-wearing.
Maybe had a 3 dose Pfizer, not a strong combination apparently. So I got a Moderna booster.
November 2021 the RDIF published a comparative study conducted in Hungary — before Omicron emerged — featuring five different Covid vaccines, including Sputnik V. The research, which encompassed around 3.7 million individuals, indicated that the Russian shot had the “highest (98%) efficacy in preventing COVID-related mortality and 85.7% efficacy against coronavirus infection, leading alongside the vaccine by Moderna.

Char
Site Admin

#16 Post by Char »

Pachapapa wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:40 pm featuring five different Covid vaccines, including Sputnik V. The research, which encompassed around 3.7 million individuals, indicated that the Russian shot had the “highest (98%) efficacy in preventing COVID-related mortality and 85.7% efficacy against coronavirus infection, leading alongside the vaccine by Moderna.
It doesn't really matter how effective some study says Sputnik is, we can't have it here anyway. If you want to keep discussing Sputnik can you start another thread please and leave the other ones for discussions that actually have some bearing on the situation in Europe. Thanks.

Pathca

#17 Post by Pathca »

Plus 1@Char

exile

#18 Post by exile »

p4psb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:17 pm Last week France tested around 2 million per day (not including Sunday), that is why the figures are high.
Well yes, but no.

Certainly the more you test, the more you will find (especially asymptomatic victims). However if it were that simple then hospitalisations and deaths would not be rising.

The real reason the numbers are so high is because a lot of people are infected.

niemeyjt

#19 Post by niemeyjt »

exile wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:44 pmThe real reason the numbers are so high is because a lot of people are infected.
And as per my earlier post, vaccination does not prevent infection - only its severity.

I am concerned that the drive to immunise spread a false message of confidence - and some (like on the buses here!) now think "I've been triple jabbed so I'm immune and can do what I like".

Bayleaf

#20 Post by Bayleaf »

Neighbour, who I ride out with, is currently being tested daily, after being Cas Contact last weekend at his sports group - another member there, a builder, contracted Covid, so everyone in the group is being blitzed for a week. Neighbour feels fine, and has been testing negative. Still giving him a wide berth though! :lol: (And it's too bleddy cold to go riding anyhoo!)