Pathca

Just when you thought it was safe . . .

#161 Post by Pathca »

It is around in the UK

glazedallover

#162 Post by glazedallover »

Pathca wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:51 am It is around in the UK
Which one Pathca ? My hmpv or Niemeyjt's winter vomiting ?

Pathca

#163 Post by Pathca »

The winter vomiting

Bayleaf

#164 Post by Bayleaf »

Here we go again ....
"Covid-19 : « Circulation très intense » du virus en France, appels à la vigilance avant les fêtes"

https://www.sudouest.fr/sante/covid-19- ... 807793.php

Did a very minor bit of xmas shopping in one store yesterday, as they do lovely decorations amongst all the rest of the tat that tries to tempt you in. Several people hacking and coughing their way around the store and I forgot to take a mask. Although, you'd think - the people who are obviously suffering something would be the ones to wear the mask or stay at home! :roll:

Next time I go out (if it's not too late!), definitely masking up again.

Lori

#165 Post by Lori »

Bayleaf wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:52 am Although, you'd think - the people who are obviously suffering something would be the ones to wear the mask or stay at home! :roll:
Those days seem to be over. We're back to people just not giving a shi*.

MAD87

#166 Post by MAD87 »

It's true, people don't care at all - they carry on doing what they've always done: coughing and sneezing all over the place and not washing their hands after the loo and before preparing food.
I recently spent a week in hospital, the first night in casualty. Cough, sneeze, splutter, hawk. Yuk. It got so bad with one couple that a nurse bellowed at them to cover their mouths. By the time I was moved to neurology, I had a runny nose and a cough...

Doug

#167 Post by Doug »

Do hope your feeling better MAD87,

Bayleaf

#168 Post by Bayleaf »

Sorry to hear that, MAD, hope you've had a good recovery.

I recently had to make excuses not to go to one client who likes to do her gardening with me - so quite close contact. She talks regularly with another of my clients, and admitted to being quite ill, but didn't mention it to me. The other client told me, but didn't want me to let on my source! So, I made an excuse and said I couldn't turn up that day - she knows my feelings about being close to people who know they're ill, and if I'm sick, no work no pay. She still gets her pension if she's laid up. Her words, and yet ......

Selfish people. :roll: :evil:

Blaze

#169 Post by Blaze »

Hope you're OK and feeling better, MAD.

As a matter of principle, I have continued to wear a mask in places like doctors' waiting rooms, or any public area where there are likely to be sick people.
People are quite disgusting in the way they cough and splutter (and yawn) without covering their mouths, and many parents don't teach their children to do so. As MAD says, they have reverted to their original unhygienic habits.

I can't help wondering if we have less resistance since covid days : wearing masks protected us from all sorts of things (apart from Covid) at the time : colds, flu and gastro for starters. Do we now have less resistance to these bugs ? Has Covid given us knock-on effects ? Are we now more vulnerable ?

@Bayleaf Whilst working in a mask isn't pleasant, you could at least continue to work and at the same time make the point. You could even ask you client to wear a mask !!!
Remember we live in a "moi d'abord" society so we have to take steps to protect ourselves because others aren't going to bother.

Lori

#170 Post by Lori »

I hope you are feeling better MAD.

It strikes me as odd that it seems many people learned nothing from the Pandemic. I see many adults dragging clearly sick kids all over shops, etc. Kids miserable, crying, etc. Surely SOMEONE could have looked after them rather than exposing all of us to whatever they have...

Bayleaf - I'm afraid I would have to say something to the sick client. If you are sick, I will need to delay my contact with you. However, anyone you have to say that to is very likely to lie to you anyway. As said, it is a me, me society.