Restored Goldwing

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
manonthemoon2

Restored Goldwing

#1 Post by manonthemoon2 »

My OHs Goldwing 1988 version is almost restored.

Now the dilemma, 14 years ago we organised an export certificate from DVLA.

As it is such an old vehicle we believe it doesn't need a CT, but in order to insure it I presume we have to put it through ANTS to get immatriculation.

Any help appreciated

L Austin France

Restored Goldwing

#2 Post by L Austin France »

I brought my, grey import into the UK, 1981 Honda CB 750 Custom with me when I moved to France nearly 20 years ago. I had all the export paperwork etc but it still took almost a year jumping through stupid hoops to get it immatriculated.
No CT was needed, just infinate patience & the need to keep my hands in my pockets when face to face with French bureaucrats.
It would have helped if I had better 'French' & the help of then, non existant internet/forums.
I was finally told my application was accepted & turned up at Drire (I think) office to find the form actually predated my visit by several months. :evil:
Good luck to you with the new modern ANTS system.

manonthemoon2

Restored Goldwing

#3 Post by manonthemoon2 »

L Austin France wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:18 pm I brought my, grey import into the UK, 1981 Honda CB 750 Custom with me when I moved to France nearly 20 years ago. I had all the export paperwork etc but it still took almost a year jumping through stupid hoops to get it immatriculated.
No CT was needed, just infinate patience & the need to keep my hands in my pockets when face to face with French bureaucrats.
It would have helped if I had better 'French' & the help of then, non existant internet/forums.
I was finally told my application was accepted & turned up at Drire (I think) office to find the form actually predated my visit by several months. :evil:
Thanks L Austin, we have changed over 3 cars before but never with ANTS

is the certificate of conformity necessary?

L Austin France

Restored Goldwing

#4 Post by L Austin France »

manonthemoon2 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:23 pm

Dunno about these days but when I was trying to get my 'bike immatriculated the Drire sent me forms asking for a load of tinydetails such as writing on reflector lenses, plug caps, tyre sizes, etc to, I assume, enable them to consider if it conformed with French versions of the moto.
The problem was that my bike was never sold in France & Honda FR didn't recognise it.
The Drire eventually capitulated & gave me an immatriculation based on the reference no. of a 'normal' Honda CB 750 that was imported into france so the CG doesn't mention it's a Honda CB 750 Custom Special Limited Edition which didn't bother me at the time as I was just happy to be able to insure & ride the thing.
I'm seriously considering trying again under the Moto de Collection regime where I understand things are easier but not sure I could handle anymore grief.
Your Goldwing is well into the M de C age now so I'd think this is the way to proceed for you.
Sorry if my details are sketchy but it was a long time ago & they're from memory. I can find the paperwork if it helps but after almost 20 years the systems will have changed ie ANTS.

Spectrum

Restored Goldwing

#5 Post by Spectrum »

Could we have a pic please, I assume it will be 1400cc, I know they increased from I think 1200cc through the years to 1600cc that was the last time I saw one in the flesh.

manonthemoon2

Restored Goldwing

#6 Post by manonthemoon2 »

It's 1500 GL cc manufactured in 1988

Photos follow, not showing it to its full splendour as only taken with my phone
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DominicBest

Restored Goldwing

#7 Post by DominicBest »

manonthemoon2 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:23 pm
L Austin France wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:18 pm I brought my, grey import into the UK, 1981 Honda CB 750 Custom with me when I moved to France nearly 20 years ago. I had all the export paperwork etc but it still took almost a year jumping through stupid hoops to get it immatriculated.
Thanks L Austin, we have changed over 3 cars before but never with ANTS

Apply to FFVE for an Attestation which acts like a CoC for Véhicules de Collection over 30 years old.
https://www.ffve.org/obtenir-une-attestation-ffve

manonthemoon2

Restored Goldwing

#8 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Thank you Dominic