Puy de Dome/clermont Ferrand area

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
Liz

#1 Post by Liz »

Amicale Morris Minor France and friends from other EU countries and the UK are having a gathering of like-minded Minor & classic car people at Lac Chambon (63) in early June 2023.
Everything is going tickety-boo organisation wise.
Our UK collaborator has asked if there are any English language Forums or FB groups around there whose members might be interested - does anyone know of any? I have done a quick search but not come up with anying relevant.

If on here there are any classic car folk who would like to join us please pm me for more info. but be warned : we are laid-back, this isn't a 'do this today, we go there tomorrow' type of car club rally, we are an easy-going bunch. It is however surprising how many participants turn up at apéro hour early evening!
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

DominicBest

#2 Post by DominicBest »

It’s a lovely area I was there in September for the ACES motorcycle event.

Pathca

#3 Post by Pathca »

It is a beautiful area,I am very jealous of you all,the anglophones I know around there aren’t really car people,but there maybe something on social media

Blaze

#4 Post by Blaze »

It's beautiful there and in June shouldn't be busy. Sorry but I don't know any car people ......

MAD87

#5 Post by MAD87 »

I put Morris Minor France into FB and came up with 2 pages, the first having only 7 members, the 2nd 6k:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/794559104794198
https://www.facebook.com/groups/457359090989501
You probably know about them anyway.

Liz

#6 Post by Liz »

DominicBest wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:57 pm It’s a lovely area I was there in September for the ACES motorcycle event.
[/quote

Did you go to the bike museum at Riom?

Liz

#7 Post by Liz »

Mad87, there are several much bigger FB morris minor groups, I hadn't heard of the ones you mentioned. Our Club doesn't have a fb page as no-one has volunteered to moderate one and to keep on top of the trash there you need a team.

Liz

#8 Post by Liz »

Blaze wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:19 am It's beautiful there and in June shouldn't be busy. Sorry but I don't know any car people ......
It would be quiet but not the first weekend we were booked to begin: there will be a lot of top notch lycra-clad chaps on bikes starting an 8 day tour! A tad of re-organisation on our part has been necessary, participants have been told they either need to be in situ and got their shopping stocked up before the pedalling, or delay arriving until the Monday. We and quite a few others will be there to enjoy the show!

DominicBest

#9 Post by DominicBest »

Liz wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:53 pm
DominicBest wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:57 pm It’s a lovely area I was there in September for the ACES motorcycle event.
[/quote

Did you go to the bike museum at Riom?
No but I will certainly be returning to the area next year. It might be worth posting it in this FB group, some of the members aren’t too far away.
0B6D3305-FA2A-4942-A86B-4302F0A1BF6F.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.