Even Biden likes old cars.

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
Hotrodder

#1 Post by Hotrodder »

Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

curtis

#2 Post by curtis »

I enjoyed that. Thanks.

Polarengineer

#3 Post by Polarengineer »

I have always wondered why US car designs are so different to EU and other world designs. American taste is unusual, to say the least (Trump), but the cars (and Trump) are so damn ugly.

RobertArthur

#4 Post by RobertArthur »

@ PE, let's switch to another president and a nice 1963 Corvette Stingray.

Hotrodder

#5 Post by Hotrodder »

I have to confess, having owned a '66 Stingray coupe myself while still young enough to enjoy it, I don't find American cars ugly at all up to the late 70's anyway. Looking at European (and British) cars from say 1930 onwards they were all so look-alike and bland. At least the American manufacturers tried to be trend setters in styling. Sadly the Europeans led the way in things like suspension, braking, and handling.

Today's output on both sides of the Atlantic (apart from the high end millionaire-vagens) is so totally boring you can't tell what it is until you're close enough to read the badge, and for some reason all the French ones are black, white, or grey. Cheap paint maybe?
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

RobertArthur

#6 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Hotrodder, what about a modern European Stingray lookalike, excellent engine, suspension and brakes?

Hotrodder

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

Too expensive. I'm talking about low to mid market cars, not the high end stuff that CEOs and drug dealers buy.

RobertArthur

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Hotrodder, this car belonged to a member of the Royal House of the Netherlands.