Caravanning & camping 'autrefois'....

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
Liz

Caravanning & camping 'autrefois'....

#1 Post by Liz »

A few snaps of our weekend away on the banks of the river Isle for the AGM of the Club 'les Puces du Retro Campeur'.
P9250001.jpeg
P9250005.jpeg
P9250003.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

Liz

Re: Caravanning & camping 'autrefois'....

#2 Post by Liz »

P9250007.jpeg
P9250006.jpeg
P9260025.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Loup-garou

#3 Post by Loup-garou »

Some great pictures Liz ................ did you forget to say "smile" for the first one? :D

I love the final one with the Morris 1000 Traveller. We used to go camping (well back in the last century) with our then two old english sheepdogs. We used to back the Traveller right into the opened-up kitchen flap so that the dogs could sleep in it, off the damp earth. It was odd, sleeping lower down than your dogs!

Well done.

Pathca

#4 Post by Pathca »

Is that your doodle in the first picture?

Blaze

#5 Post by Blaze »

Lovely piccies Liz. We've always loved camping, so do the dogs, though we have graduated from canvas to a small caravan.

Char
Site Admin

#6 Post by Char »

I like the dinky little caravans - didn't things have a lot more character to them in the past. 8-)

Liz

#7 Post by Liz »

In reply to you all:
No 'Fromage', just a quick snap. The one taken just after with 'fromage' was dreadful!
Yes that's Orel our Doodle. He was happy until the thunder after the AGM on Saturday early evening, and then the hunt BANGS on Sunday. Worse, he still smells of whatever he rolled in on Monday morning as we were packing up! I have washed the affected areas, twice, but it hasn't worked 100% :cry:
Loup-Garou, the trav is ours, my everyday car.

Loup-garou

#8 Post by Loup-garou »

@ Liz ..................... Jealous :mrgreen:

Char
Site Admin

#9 Post by Char »

Liz wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:47 pm In reply to you all:
No 'Fromage', just a quick snap. The one taken just after with 'fromage' was dreadful!
Yes that's Orel our Doodle. He was happy until the thunder after the AGM on Saturday early evening, and then the hunt BANGS on Sunday. Worse, he still smells of whatever he rolled in on Monday morning as we were packing up! I have washed the affected areas, twice, but it hasn't worked 100% :cry:
Loup-Garou, the trav is ours, my everyday car.
Try rubbing some tomato ketchup into the smelly area and then wash it off - it worked when one of mine rolled in fox poo.

Hotrodder

#10 Post by Hotrodder »

Char wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:28 pm I like the dinky little caravans - didn't things have a lot more character to them in the past. 8-)
So many many things.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.