Motos Anciennes

Somewhere for all our lovers and owners of classic vehicles to chat about and discuss classic vehicles in France. Also where members can share their recent adventures in their vehicle in and out of France.
L Austin France

Re: Motos Anciennes

#21 Post by L Austin France »

Nomoss wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:28 pm Fun vehicles we had in Miri, Sarawak, 1971 to 1977:
I've got very fond memories of Miri where we spent a wonderfull few weeks in the late 80's.

Hotrodder

#22 Post by Hotrodder »

My first bike was a BSA C15 export model. Fun but a real piece of unreliable ****. It absolutely hated rain and took every opportunity to shed bits of itself. Its only saving grace was that it wasn't a Honda. Everyone else had a Honda and I liked being different. I got rid of it and bought an accident damaged Harley. Removed pretty much everything that wasn't directly related to making the engine run and rode it like that, (twisted forks etc.) for quite a while. Pacific Coast Highway was made for it. Then after coming to England I bought a Triumpht 6T and took it to bits to build a chopper. I was about 90% finished with the build when they made helmet wearing a legal requirement. I wasn't having any of that, especially on a West Coast style chopper so I sold it unfinished. About 5 years later someone offered me a basket case Yamana RD200 for a tenner. I rebuilt it and painted it to match my V8 Bedford van. Too small to be much fun so I traded it in against a new RD400. After that there was only one more, a Yam XV535 that reminded me of the Harley. Sold it when I moved onto my boat.
Image1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Char
Site Admin

#23 Post by Char »

Ariel 500 Trials

RobertArthur

Motos Anciennes

#24 Post by RobertArthur »

Nomoss

Motos Anciennes

#25 Post by Nomoss »

Tying down a bike.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

curtis

Motos Anciennes

#26 Post by curtis »

Similar to a Cyclemaster that I had MANY years ago. :)

Char
Site Admin

Motos Anciennes

#27 Post by Char »

Nomoss wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:56 pm Tying down a bike.JPG
:lol: :lol: I do hope they didn't try to drive off like that. :crazy:

manonthemoon2

Motos Anciennes

#28 Post by manonthemoon2 »

A couple of photos of my OHs Honda Goldwing which he started to restore last year. It's a 1988 model. Imagine how pleased he was when he repaired the cassette radio and it worked :lol: It's not finished yet, another few months of work.

Hotrodder

Motos Anciennes

#29 Post by Hotrodder »

Does it have the original ash tray?
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

manonthemoon2

Motos Anciennes

#30 Post by manonthemoon2 »

Hotrodder wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:47 am Does it have the original ash tray?
I'll ask him