UK bank account(s) closure

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Hotrodder

#231 Post by Hotrodder »

RobertArthur wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:10 pm @ Hotrodder, there might be problem however, the maintenance of those old, reliable phones. The guys of Franse Télécom who were allowed to service this state owned equipment after a lot of training and studying are now happy pensioners if they are lucky.
To that I would say that the "old" equipment is/was far more reliable than the modern stuff that people are happy to replace whenever something new comes on the market. :lol: :lol:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Sparkle

#232 Post by Sparkle »

I've still got my old samsung non smart but we decided on a payg cheap logicom smart phone so that we could take our own passport photos for online passport renewal having had several goes in the photo booths a couple of years previous doing 50km round trips for our TdS. Plus deliveries were becoming troublesome as we needed to scan the QR thingy to pick up deliveries from our local supermarket at the time when the road name had been changed and delivery folk couldn't find us and for the Covid QR thingy and then for bank account access. Must say the smart phone has been useful but it stays in the house - mine is so much lighter to carry which is for 'just in case'.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride