UK Passport Expiry

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
DominicBest

UK Passport Expiry

#71 Post by DominicBest »

I got my new black passport today. The first thing I noticed is it still refers to Her Majesty but my overall first impression is how cheap and nasty it feels. Even after over nine year of being constantly carried around my old passport was solid and as good as new but the new one feels as though it’s made of much cheaper materials and is just about to fall apart. The pages in the old one were covered in beautiful images, the pages in new one are not. All in all is a fairly good metaphor for post Brexit Britain, a bit shoddy and nowhere near as good as it used to be.

niemeyjt

UK Passport Expiry

#72 Post by niemeyjt »

DominicBest wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:26 pm . . . but my overall first impression is how cheap and nasty it feels
Well it's no longer made in Britain now - offshored by a government that knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

see: https://factcheckni.org/topics/europe/a ... mpanies-2/

OTBC

UK Passport Expiry

#73 Post by OTBC »

Just gone through the process of renewing my wife's passport. All forms filled in, digital photo accepted, loads of money paid. Old passport sent back.

"Tracking" contacts my wife....."All forms recieved, waiting for old passport". Monday this week.... "Old passport recieved".

Today...."Your photo isn't good enough, please send another one".

It was good enough two weeks ago! She had photos taken here in a booth, but the UK doesn't accept the code (after filling in the fact we live in France).So, we took photos at home & uploaded them. They could make it easier by asking you to send new photos with the old passport.

Sent another pic this morning but will probably have to take some more this weekend.

Maybe this time I will have to insist she puts clothes on.

L Austin France

UK Passport Expiry

#74 Post by L Austin France »

OTBC wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:45 pm Just gone through the process of renewing my wife's passport. All forms filled in, digital photo accepted, loads of money paid. Old passport sent back.

"Tracking" contacts my wife....."All forms recieved, waiting for old passport". Monday this week.... "Old passport recieved".

It was good enough two weeks ago! She had photos taken here in a booth, but the UK doesn't accept the code (after filling in the fact we live in France).So, we took photos at home & uploaded them. They could make it easier by asking you to send new photos with the old passport.

Sent another pic this morning but will probably have to take some more this weekend.

Same thing happened to Mme LAF although in her case, days after her online application she was told that her self taken photo was not good enough.
She sent another which was almost immediately accepted
Still not bad service as she did online appplication on the 11th Nov, old PP sent off on 13th which took 10 days to arrive at PP office, new PP being delivered today according to carriers.

OTBC

UK Passport Expiry

#75 Post by OTBC »

I hope the same happens with us LAF, though I won't hold my breath!

beejay

UK Passport Expiry

#76 Post by beejay »

OTBC wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:45 pm Just gone through the process of renewing my wife's passport. All forms filled in, digital photo accepted, loads of money paid. Old passport sent back.

The code would be specific to France. In the UK it is possible to get photos with a code to suit the country issuing the passport - Ireland being popular!

L Austin France

UK Passport Expiry

#77 Post by L Austin France »

OTBC wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:38 pm I hope the same happens with us LAF, though I won't hold my breath!
Arrived this afternoon.
Horrible dark blue/black colour. Mme's not well pleased :lol:

OTBC

UK Passport Expiry

#78 Post by OTBC »

I re-sent the same photo. Two minutes later....."Application approved".

Modern life....computers....AI.

Hey ho!