How much???

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
MAD87

How much???

#11 Post by MAD87 »

I'll stick to wine.
I only have a bottle of 1644 when I'm having a curry - so not often.

Hotrodder

How much???

#12 Post by Hotrodder »

curtis wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:44 pm
Hotrodder wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:46 pm Those German prices are enough to make me go teetotal. Wouldn't pay those prices for a litre of posh wine. I suppose once you've had a few you don't notice how much money you are ******* up the wall. :roll:
Err, not much "posh" wine at those prices even in a 75cl bottle.
I didn't mean to mislead anyone about my consumption of posh wine. I don't go near it. There is plenty of choice of stuff I like for under €3 a bottle in Lidl.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

curtis

How much???

#13 Post by curtis »

Exactly, if you enjoy what you drink that is the most important thing.
We all have different tastes in wine women and cars. But pleasure with each is essential. :D

Polarengineer

How much???

#14 Post by Polarengineer »

Exile, my time in Munich, I lived opposite a microbrewery/beergarten that brewed Paulaner, it is my favorite beer too.
I have no idea how much it cost then as my half litre (I was told that the litre glasses were for tourists) and a zwijnenhaxen in the beergarten was a must regardless of the cost.

L Austin France

How much???

#15 Post by L Austin France »

Polarengineer wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:23 am I was told that the litre glasses were for tourists
Way before we came to live here we were naive tourists in Paris.
It was hot as hell & a table at a pavement cafe in the Champs-Élysées oposite a Mercedes showroom window where a gull winged SL was on display beckoned.
Can't remember the cost but the shock when the bill for 1 litre glass & 1 half litre glass of beer arrived will remain forever. :lol:

Wilbro

How much???

#16 Post by Wilbro »

My tastes are more traditional. Fizzy "beers" are only no choice options and haven't bought the stuff here in france for ages. I always look forward, on my rare UK trips, to savouring a really good pint of ale.
Back in the 1960's lager, which is what most of the French "beer" is like, was a ladies drink usually with lime.

glazedallover

How much???

#17 Post by glazedallover »

watch and weep.....I don't have the words (well I do but I don't want to go just yet)