John and Yoko

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
RobertArthur

John and Yoko

#1 Post by RobertArthur »

This article in The Guardian reminded me of a snapshot last year somewhere in North Amsterdam, a bit isolated on the other side of the center.

This is probably the house of a Beatles fan was my first thought. With the help of google search it was more than that, this is where the photographer lives. His finest hour on display.

Department Lost & Found, December 2008:

" AMSTERDAM - A photographer for daily newspaper De Telegraaf has recovered a series of unique photos of the 'Bed-In' held by John Lennon and Yoko Ono at the Hilton Hotel in Amsterdam in March 1969. Photojournalist Nico Koster lost the precious negatives from an exclusive photo shoot he was allowed to do in room 902.
Recently, his daughter found the material in a box of old baby photos. Lennon gave the photographer all the time he needed to shoot a whole series of images to support an interview journalist Henk van der Meyden had with the pair."

Local touch: My White Bicycle.

About the photographer.

Hotrodder

John and Yoko

#2 Post by Hotrodder »

A number of Beatle fans consider Oh No Yoko! as being the turning point (downwards) of the Beatles creativity and popularity. An all 'round bad influence.

Admittedly I have been called the same on occasions.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.