$364 million

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
tagh

$364 million

#1 Post by tagh »

That should get Trump digging down the back of the sofa for dimes!

Whooooppppeeeee, there is some justice at least.

RobertArthur

$364 million

#2 Post by RobertArthur »

Or perhaps someone is going to invite the public, please help this poor victim of injustice, more donor cash needed....

Blaze

$364 million

#3 Post by Blaze »

The big question now is will it affect his running for president ??
Somehow I doubt it. Some court will rule that he can ...

MAD87

$364 million

#4 Post by MAD87 »

Given the facility to appeal sans cesse in the US, I expect he'll do just that for several months, at least until the election is over.

elsie

$364 million

#5 Post by elsie »

Before Trump can appeal he needs to deposit the full amount of the fine (or a bond) with the court within 30 days.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68175846

Lori

$364 million

#6 Post by Lori »

From Elsie's link:

"Mr Trump may also turn to the massive fundraising engine he uses to pay his tens of millions in legal fees. According to the New York Times, 10% of every dollar that is raised from his supporters goes to pay for his defense in his civil and criminal trials."

I don't think he'll be able to come up with $364 million in 30 days from his cronies, but I'm sure he'll try. My guess is he'll sell some of his real estate assets. We'll see.

It will be interesting to see what happens during his appeal - AND - how long that will take to reach a new Judge.

Hotrodder

$364 million

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

I still find it worrying that someone with so much high profile legal naughtiness in public view can even qualify to run for the top job. Some years ago there was a documentary on UK TV about Trump's background. I recall it showing his dodgy dealings started as a young man, (before he went a funny colour) photos showing him in the company of crooks and lawyers from the very beginning. I do wish someone would find that documentary in the archives and show it again. A lot of things might make a bit more sense now.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

RobertArthur

$364 million

#8 Post by RobertArthur »

@ Hotrodder, Channel 4?

Bayleaf

$364 million

#9 Post by Bayleaf »

I'm trying to work out why we're discussing the trump in Welcome and Forum Info/User Guides! He's not trying to join is he?! :lol: :o :crazy:

Meanwhile, you've certainly caught the attention of guests with the title - 11 at last count, is that a record?!

In fact - there are 85 guests currently perusing the site. :shock:

Add to that, I've just copied this from the bottom:
"In total there were 881 users :: 38 registered, 3 bots, 9 hidden and 831 guests active over the last 24 hours " We've never been so popular, have we?! :lol: :? We've only got 117 actual members here, but there were 831 guests! What's that all about????!

ajm

$364 million

#10 Post by ajm »

If he wasn't such an obnoxious barsteward I could help him out. :crazy: