still about??

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
hughnique

still about??

#1 Post by hughnique »

I sometimes wonder about names from the past, especially past forums that most of us seem to have been on, which went into oblivion, have they given up, died or moved on to other locations. One in question was what was sometimes termed the Rose Garden, I seem to recall that it was run by an ex squaddie, but something tells me he passed away at some time, I always thought it was started by Andrew Rose, but evidently not, wonder where he is nowadays. The Other French forum has an in memory of Mark FFS, I can't for the life of me think who that was

Blaze

still about??

#2 Post by Blaze »

I can think of several people from the past who have gone ....
Colin Peake, Irene (Hardworkinghippie), Balham (Helen), Carole, Majic, Richenda, Angela (can't remember her user name), Nicky (Mitten) ....
Some people, such as Andrew Rose, are still with us, just not on expat forums.

hughnique

still about??

#3 Post by hughnique »

Yes thanks Colin Peake am I right in thinking he ran the Rose garden forum??

Blaze

still about??

#4 Post by Blaze »

I've never heard of it, Hughnique. I knew him quite well and if he did, he never mentioned it and it wasn't part of Andrew's TFF.

hughnique

still about??

#5 Post by hughnique »

No Blaze it wasn't a forum about rose growing it was merely a term used by some as a nickname for the French forum as it was deemed to be run by Andrew Rose, but which it appears it wasn't run by him, but by Colin Peake.

Blaze

still about??

#6 Post by Blaze »

Hughnique, Andrew was the owner and "top admin" of the French Forum. Colin was admin, as DaveW and I were, along with various moderators. I've never heard it called the Rose Garden, but perhaps that was the name bandied about on other expat forums. I wouldn't know because I didn't use any other forums !

hughnique

still about??

#7 Post by hughnique »

I don't know why he would tell me that he didn't run it as it was "Colins forum", all a bit academic now though.

elsie

still about??

#8 Post by elsie »

Don't forget the daily information from pomhorn (Michael Horn). There was chancer/demerdeur

Pathca

still about??

#9 Post by Pathca »

Blaze wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:43 am I can think of several people from the past who have gone ....
Colin Peake, Irene (Hardworkinghippie), Balham (Helen), Carole, Majic, Richenda, Angela (can't remember her user name), Nicky (Mitten) ....
Some people, such as Andrew Rose, are still with us, just not on expat forums.
Angela was Tibter

Veem

still about??

#10 Post by Veem »

Was Carole the poor lady who went missing on a 'walking in the mountains' holiday and who was found dead following a tragic fall?

Then there was Bentley, who always seemed to be somewhere at sea and for some reason upset a few folk. I always found his posts interesting and amusing. I think he was eventually banned.