Another new word in English !

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Blaze

#11 Post by Blaze »

The two in the front were probably wearing seatbelts and were protected by the strengthened ?) windscreen. As for the 2 in the back, they may not have survived even if they had been strapped in. The driver will have to live with what she has done for the rest of her life ....

DominicBest

#12 Post by DominicBest »

Every MINI Convertible comes standard with a hidden roll bar that deploys within a fraction of a second, giving you and your passengers additional head protection in the event of a rollover crash.
Sat down and wearing seatbelts always helps.

glazedallover

#13 Post by glazedallover »

Oh well, as long as you think you're right that's OK then. Don't worry about the fatalities.

DominicBest

#14 Post by DominicBest »

glazedallover wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:46 pm Oh well, as long as you think you're right that's OK then. Don't worry about the fatalities.
I’m just providing facts. I think the whole incident is a tragedy but at the same time I am also a believer in road safety and individuals taking responsibility for their actions.

glazedallover

#15 Post by glazedallover »

Clunk Click every trip.

Pathca

#16 Post by Pathca »

Perhaps when they stood up they didn’t realise she was going to drive at double the speed limit,and was as drunk as she was

DominicBest

#17 Post by DominicBest »

Pathca wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:59 pm Perhaps when they stood up they didn’t realise she was going to drive at double the speed limit,and was as drunk as she was
Really? The evidence suggests that the driver wasn’t the only one. This sort of death is too frequent in the news these days. I grew up in a generation that switched from drink driving being normal to drink drivers being seen as social outcasts. It appears to be taking hold yet again amongst some young people, perhaps it’s time for some more hard hitting anti drink driving advertising campaigns. I was quite close to a similar situation last year when a close friend’s daughter was killed in a road accident. It was in her car but she wasn’t driving. The big question was, why had she given the keys to her car to a male friend who had not only been drinking but did not have a driving licence? Accidents happen and most people try to ensure that when they travel on the roads they have done everything possible to minimise the risk of being a victim if one happens to them.

DominicBest

#18 Post by DominicBest »

glazedallover wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:13 pm Clunk Click every trip.
You seem to be agreeing with me which suggests that I might be right after all. Clunk click was a cheesy advertising clip but it was as as memorable as Get Brexit Done.

glazedallover

#19 Post by glazedallover »

Jimmy Saville starred in the ad and also believed in road safety.

Bayleaf

#20 Post by Bayleaf »

Let's not go THERE! :lol: :?

I've found the original article, and it tells the tragic tale of youngsters partying hard, thinking they're invincible, and wham. Game over. The driver will live with this for the rest of her life.

Let's hope it gets publicity in the right places to at least make some other drivers think twice about getting behind the wheel when they're p*ssed up...... and letting their passengers play silly b*ggers in the back seat.