New regs for fosse in jan 2023?

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
Mangetout

#1 Post by Mangetout »

Are there new regs on the way. I read it somewhere but can't find it now. I ask because I'm having a pre sale diagnostic done next week and if the regs change before I sell I'm worried I'll have to do it again. It isn't cheap at 250 euros.

Polarengineer

#2 Post by Polarengineer »

If there are new regs, it will be for new fosses.

Hotrodder

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

The regs have changed many many times over the last ten years and none of them were retroactive. Non-compliance at change of ownership was meant to be a big no no with a hefty fine but unless your old system can be proved to be actually polluting that doesn't happen.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Mangetout

#4 Post by Mangetout »

Polarengineer wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:27 pm If there are new regs, it will be for new fosses.
Surely when they do a diagnostic they compare againt existing regs?

Quiksilver

#5 Post by Quiksilver »

They also note when it was constructed. The whole fosse subject is such a pig's ear of failed attempts to impose new normes and regs (since at least 2006) that I doubt you need to worry. I could have a word with an agente immobilière friend for you about current thinking, if you like, but as you know, things vary enormously from dept to dept.