What's for Dinner?

:fork_and_knife: :wine_glass: Wining & Dining in France, eating out, where to buy quality food and drinks, cooking & recipes etc
MAD87

What's for Dinner?

#361 Post by MAD87 »

Thank you, Lori. It is terribly painful (paracetemol is now a big part of my diet) and a real handicap. Getting in/out of bed is v. difficult and (un)dressing needs assistance. Cooking is hors de question.
Think I might have to have an X-ray as I suspect a broken collarbone.

Lori

What's for Dinner?

#362 Post by Lori »

MAD87 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:24 am Thank you, Lori. It is terribly painful (paracetemol is now a big part of my diet) and a real handicap. Getting in/out of bed is v. difficult and (un)dressing needs assistance. Cooking is hors de question.
Think I might have to have an X-ray as I suspect a broken collarbone.
You should definitely get an x-ray. I remember way back when, my father broke his collarbone in a motorcycle accident. At that time, the doctor said there was nothing that could be done, except pain medication. I hope they've made advancements over the decades since his ordeal.

I remember just when the first lockdown began, I somehow managed to have a bout of bursitis (never had it before). The pain was horrible. I simply could not use my left arm. Thank goodness I am right handed. Even still, washing hair was very difficult. Cooking also. And I hadn't broken anything ! So, I feel for you.

To take this back on topic. Today's dinner is salad with some tiny potatoes roasted in the air fryer. Nothing exciting.

Polly

What's for Dinner?

#363 Post by Polly »

I’m so sorry to read about the pain you’re in, MAD, yes, definitely get an xray, and even if things haven’t moved on with broken collarbones, just as they haven’t with cracked ribs, you’ll surely receive stronger medication than paracetamol to help you cope with the pain. Bon courage!

Bursitis is very nasty too, Lori!

Back on topic again, I didn’t cook dinner, but had the most delicious lunch at a restaurant near Newbury, celebrating my brother’s 90th birthday - my nephew is very choosy where he eats!

Spectrum

What's for Dinner?

#364 Post by Spectrum »

Chinese Beef Curry, cooked overnight in the slow cooker, as its shin beef.

MAD87

What's for Dinner?

#365 Post by MAD87 »

Lori wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:03 am
MAD87 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:24 am Today's dinner is salad with some tiny potatoes roasted in the air fryer. Nothing exciting.
My type of meal! I've been thinking of getting an air fryer and/or a slow cooker for some time (or a husband who can cook) but I'm still undecided.
Today's lunch will be another frozen delight.

Lori

What's for Dinner?

#366 Post by Lori »

I LOVE our air fryer. I had no idea what I would really think about it when we bought it. I use it ALL the time. If you do decide to buy one, be sure to get one that holds enough food. Some are quite small. You'd be amazed what you can do with them; boil eggs to perfection and the peel so nicely, toast anything, bake chicken or any other protein, roast/bake any type of potato, bake a pizza. I rarely ever turn on the oven - unless I am cooking something that just won't fit in the fryer

MAD87

What's for Dinner?

#367 Post by MAD87 »

Thanks for the info, Lori. Trouble is, I don't eat roast or chipped potatoes so unless OH does a microwaved spud for himself, he doesn't either! Perhaps I should have a closer look at slow ovens?

Veem

What's for Dinner?

#368 Post by Veem »

Lamb's kidney with onions, boiled potatoes, broccoli and gravy for us tonight. I hate preparing kidneys - the coring is such a fiddly job, but it's a real treat for Biggles.

L Austin France

What's for Dinner?

#369 Post by L Austin France »

One of Mrs LAF's favourites. Sausage & Broccoli pasta with cheese,
Simple to make. Half quantities for two. I use macaroni.
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sau ... ith-cheese

Doug

What's for Dinner?

#370 Post by Doug »

Wrong section but not looking in much these days have just seen MAD87, post about taking lots of paracetamol.
Whilst having much sympathy with your injury PS look out in taking so much.
Years ago I was in huge pain with back and right hip, being a stuburn one didn't get it fixed, taking lots of pain killers.
Result rushed into hospital one evening with a bleeding stomack ulcer after passing out throwing up blood.
Luckily the ambulance came in ten minutes after poor mami phoned.

Back to subject post.
We have just purchased an air/oil less fryer, using it for first time for Fridays fish n chips tonight.