Weather ... again

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
RobertArthur
Posts: 2968
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:10 pm
Location: Nièvre

Weather ... again

#791 Post by RobertArthur »

Weather, elsewhere, California: within ten years time no more beach boys, only sea boys (and girls)?

No more mild Mediterranean-type climate?

Where are the beaches (2036)?

But even in the Land of Sunshine, they were not immune to more traditional Christmas greetings, as this airmail letter from Santa Cruz addressed to my mother seems to show. December 1958...

User avatar
Hotrodder
Posts: 3430
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:31 pm
Location: Brittany 22

Weather ... again

#792 Post by Hotrodder »

A few comments about the LA Times article.
1) "The other problem here, too, is that the very highest heat-index values I’m seeing are in Central and South Central L.A. where a number of people don’t have air conditioning at home,...."
Oh dear, how they must have suffered. I spent my first 23 years in a southern suburb of L.A. and I never entered a private home that had aircon. Only supermarkets, etc. and my grandfather's Thunderbird had it.

2) "L.A. County health officials urged people to be on the lookout for symptoms of heat stroke or heat exhaustion, such as dizziness, nausea, rapid heartbeat and confusion."
When I was there SMOG was the cause of that lot.

3) "Through Thursday, the weather service warned of significant beach erosion, coastal flooding of beaches and parking lots,"
I wonder how all those newfangled electric cars will get on sitting in saltwater.
On my headstone it will say: Please switch off mobile phones. I'm trying to get some sleep.

User avatar
Char
Site Admin
Posts: 2969
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:24 pm
Location: Creuse

Weather ... again

#793 Post by Char »

Cold, wet and miserable

exile
Posts: 2784
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:57 pm
Location: Auvergne Rhone Alpes

Weather ... again

#794 Post by exile »

Yes, autumn has arrived. It's not wet here but decidedly cool. We still need a lot of rain though. I passed a neighbouring village's reservoir, which is in a steeply sided valley. Their water reserve looked to be little more than a puddle some 20m down from the top of the dam, and nothing visible was running in despite recent rain.

User avatar
Blaze
Posts: 5641
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:06 pm
Location: Ille et Villaine (35)

Weather ... again

#795 Post by Blaze »

It's cool here and we've had a little rain. However, we're still in a state of crise :cry:

Post Reply