Just when you thought it was safe . . .

:mask:
Bayleaf

#171 Post by Bayleaf »

She's a complicated lady - and I wasn't supposed to know she was ill. Thank goodness the other client kept me in the loop! I have worn a mask for work before, with this lady, but it was just easier to postpone, especially as we always stop for tea and chat afterwards. There's always an alternative garden I can get to, free of clients! :lol:

niemeyjt

#172 Post by niemeyjt »

MAD87 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:16 amnot washing their hands after the loo
Tell me about it - twice on my trip home, once in LeClerc of all places, I watched someone pee and then walk straight out. Nice if he then went shopping.

I am sure Pat can give more info, but when I had to have surgery a few days before the operation I had to do a swab in the groin region for MRSA if I recall, so the area at the front is not clean, shall we say!

As for masks, I have kept some. I don't think they expire. And testing kits seem cheaper now as well.

MAD87

#173 Post by MAD87 »

Thanks for the good wishes. It's been a bad year for me: retirement, falls, broken bones, heat exhaustion (never thought I'd suffer that), and finally (I hope) a mini stroke due to high BP - around 20. Scary, but I've emptied the pharmacy and I'm doing as I'm told.

Blaze

#174 Post by Blaze »

niemeyjt wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:35 pm but when I had to have surgery a few days before the operation I had to do a swab in the groin region for MRSA if I recall, so the area at the front is not clean, shall we say!
That's perhaps why here we have to shower completely (including hair) with Betadine before any sort of op. That said, they ask you if you've done it, and don't give any further test, so it's word of honour ...

Polly

#175 Post by Polly »

MAD, sorry to read that you’re unwell - definitely best to swerve that client, so reckless of her! You've certainly been through the wringer this year!

I particularly hope that you’ve pretty much back to normal after your mini stroke - my husband had one just before we were due to drive down to our place in the Gard at Easter, but doing nicely now. He’s been totally in charge here since late October - I’ve had pneumonia and up to doing very little even now, and he’s done pretty well, plus visiting my 91 year old brother an hour’s drive away.

Blaze, I had to use Betadine for a few days before going into hospital here in the UK to have my knee replacement op earlier this year - didn’t remember it from other ops here previously, although that might be down to my ropey memory!

Blaze

#176 Post by Blaze »

@Polly Hope the knee replacement went well - it's quite major stuff. OH had his done last year as a result of an old untreated skiing accident and fortunately all went well.

Quiksilver

#177 Post by Quiksilver »

MAD87 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:59 pm Thanks for the good wishes. It's been a bad year for me: retirement, falls, broken bones, heat exhaustion (never thought I'd suffer that), and finally (I hope) a mini stroke due to high BP - around 20. Scary, but I've emptied the pharmacy and I'm doing as I'm told.
I am sorry to read about your 'adventures', MAD. If ever anyone must be looking forward to a New Year, you must :) May it be a happy, healthy one!

Polly

#178 Post by Polly »

@Blaze, yes, thanks, it all went really well, and it’s great to be rid of the pain!

MAD87

#179 Post by MAD87 »

Quiksilver wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:30 pm I am sorry to read about your 'adventures', MAD. If ever anyone must be looking forward to a New Year, you must :) May it be a happy, healthy one!
Oh I am indeed! Thank you QS.

niemeyjt

#180 Post by niemeyjt »

Well, I went to the hospital today for my monthly top-up and noticed masks are now mandatory on the wards again.