Online tax return is open

Char
Site Admin

#71 Post by Char »

Mangetout wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:50 pm Has anyone received their paper forms in the post yet?
Nope not here yet.

exile

#72 Post by exile »

No not here either and we are one of the first to have to return.

I am in the valley on Tuesday and will go into the Hotel des Impots and try and sort out how I am supposed to fill in their form about our property.

Liz

#73 Post by Liz »

Headers wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:10 pm I did the correct order but it wouldn’t let me ‘suivant’ without putting a number in the box. Maybe it’s the interface with IPAD. I’ve re typed them all (9) and submitted. I’ll go and check what I’ve got when my blood pressure returns to normal.
I did the same on the Imac, they need typing in again aaarrrggghh
How do people live without at least one dog in the house?

elsie

#74 Post by elsie »

I've now completed my declaration. I checked all the required boxes and when I got to 3916 I was presented with a list of the accounts I'd declared for the previous year.
There are notes at the top of the page
Nous vous invitons à contrôler la liste afin de vous assurer de son exactitude et de sa complétude.
Après cette étape, vous n'aurez pas la possibilité de revenir sur cet écran de report.
Vous aurez la possibilité d'ajouter d'autres comptes ou contrats ouverts à l'étranger sur l'écran suivant

I just checked the boxes on the right to report them all individually (and got a report activé for each)
Clicking suivant gave me the screen to where I added an account. But I could not return to that full list for the previous year and could only see the added account. I assume the logic is, since the first list has been confirmed and reported there is no need to see it again.
I wonder whether all accounts will become visible when the opening for correct occurs later in the year so corrections could be made?

Sparkle

#75 Post by Sparkle »

@Elsie - can I ask you a question that you may be able to answer. I put the amount of interest in the 2TR box as usual and was expecting the usual boxes 231/233/234/238/251 but they were no where to been seen. On the final page everything I'd entered was listed ie pensions and savings amount so I'm guessing the said boxes are no longer necessary or is it one of those blips in the system?
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Chris

#76 Post by Chris »

Elsie, I got the same. I assumed it was a bug so I input all my accounts again. Having had to do the same last year I have now saved all the inputs in a Word file ready to copy-paste if it happens again.

elsie

#77 Post by elsie »

@Sparkle - I'm not sure what you have done. However, you should complete the appendices before you fill in 2042. So you should have gone to 2047 first and completed that. 2042 is really the summary of the data from all the appendices. 231/233 etc are on 2047 along with 2TR, 2DC etc. When you have completed 2047 the value for 2TR will be reported back automatically to 2042. If you've already completed 2TR on 2042 you might find the figure is doubled up.

There are some minor changes to 2047 compared to last year, but nothing to cause confusion.

The BH-assurances guide (I posted the link, etc at #40 on p4 of this topic, but I'll repeat that post so it doesn't get too lost) gives you a good simple step-by-step process for completing the forms:
Unless you have a complicated tax declaration this guide https://bh-assurances.fr/wp-content/upl ... ONLINE.pdf will probably be all you need to complete and online return. As it has images of the tax forms, it can be used by those still completing a paper declaration.
see also https://bh-assurances.fr/how-to-declare ... ax-online/ and https://bh-assurances.fr/wp-content/upl ... p-tax2.pdf

The paper form and the guidance notice can be downloaded from https://www.impots.gouv.fr/formulaire/2 ... -letranger

I'll add it is well worth signing up to the BH Assurance monthly newsletter.

Sparkle

#78 Post by Sparkle »

@elsie Thanks for reply and the info. I don't know what I've done either! I remember a lot of my boxes were pre ticked so guess that's why I missed one. I shall get onto it again shortly and let you know the error of my ways.
With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.........The Corpse Bride

Hotrodder

#79 Post by Hotrodder »

I went wrong several years ago following a download from some investment firm that was advertising on an expat website. I say wrong, because some of the boxes had changed and the information hadn't been updated. The following year I went into the tax office and had a helpful person there put things right. The following year a different person said it had been done incorrectly.
When it comes to tax forms you need to be certain the boxes are the same. Just copying what you did the previous year is no guarantee you will get it right.
I can't imagine the difficulty affluent people must have. No. They pay an accountant to do it for them. :roll:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Sparkle

#80 Post by Sparkle »

@elsie I had to take a deep breath this morning before I made my correction. Basically I ticked all the annexes and started with the 2047 and going through there was the form I thought I was missing. So all is completed as I felt it should have been originally but I obviously missed something so thanks very much for your help.