Is it around??

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Post Reply
Message
Author
hughnique
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 pm
Location: Canterbury

Is it around??

#1 Post by hughnique »

I don't know if this breaks forum protocol or what but here goes. I was a member, for some time of another group called, The other French forum, it then is tagged by a suffix in memory of Mark FFS. Having not contributed anything on there for ages it suddenly presented itself on the screen, so I thought I would take a peek. None of my details were accepted, so I registered again with the same details and received a confirmation from a John Devine, tried to log in again but no success, the board looks pretty sparse, and I am wondering if it is now defunct, any clues, and I have never known who this Mark chap was.

Pathca
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:50 am

Is it around??

#2 Post by Pathca »

Yes it’s still around. John Devine is one of the moderators

hughnique
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 pm
Location: Canterbury

Is it around??

#3 Post by hughnique »

It says on there if you have trouble logging on contact an admin but nowhere on there is it possible??

Pathca
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:50 am

Is it around??

#4 Post by Pathca »

On the banner at the top there’s a contact us link

hughnique
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 pm
Location: Canterbury

Is it around??

#5 Post by hughnique »

Doesn't appear on mine just a register or log in, I have put the username mentioned in the received email from this john devine plus the email associated with it and I get nowhere. I can get a board index up but it is very sparse on comments, which suggests its gone but you say it is still quite active,

User avatar
RobertArthur
Posts: 2962
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:10 pm
Location: Nièvre

Is it around??

#6 Post by RobertArthur »

It is around and also active.

hughnique
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 pm
Location: Canterbury

Is it around??

#7 Post by hughnique »

I certainly don't remember getting banned, but have not been on there for many years, just wanted to see if nimetyj was still on there,

User avatar
Hotrodder
Posts: 3427
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:31 pm
Location: Brittany 22

Is it around??

#8 Post by Hotrodder »

RobertArthur wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:38 am It is around and also active.
Just not very.
On my headstone it will say: Please switch off mobile phones. I'm trying to get some sleep.

hughnique
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 pm
Location: Canterbury

Is it around??

#9 Post by hughnique »

Looks as though it could be a frying pan and fire moment.

suein56
Posts: 1117
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:16 pm
Location: southern Morbihan

Is it around??

#10 Post by suein56 »

hughnique wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 1:04 pm Looks as though it could be a frying pan and fire moment.
I think you came across a copy of 'the other French forum' that John Devine created just in case it was ever needed. You wouldn't be able to login there but the original forum still exists.

Post Reply